Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Edelfelt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

QOL with managing Inventory

Can SE please make everything stackable to 99 instead of having some at 12.

Also please let us access all mog storage in any moogle (Rabao, Mhaura).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It depends on the item and for important reasons. The limitations of the auction house chief among them, with the requirement that you sell either singles or a full stack. A lot of items that stack 12 would be a pain to collect and sell as stacks of 99 and people may not want that many. So on a univeral scale, I cant agree this would be a "QOL improvement."

Certain items should stack 99 and I believe there was an official thread for suggestions on this. If you have specifics in mind, you should say so, but it absolutely should not be universal.
    (0)

Player
    They also limit stack sizes on certain things for balance reasons, for instance 99 stacks of echo drops would make silence as a debuff completely toothless.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    They also limit stack sizes on certain things for balance reasons, for instance 99 stacks of echo drops would make silence as a debuff completely toothless.
    That's just silly. There is no difference between 1 stack of 99 or carrying multiple stacks of 12. What even is that. It's just.... convenient.
    (0)

Player
    Yeah there is, inventory is an issue. Nobody is going to carry 10 stacks of echo drops. They will carry a stack of 99.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Unless you get silenced 24+ in one 2hour instance, yeah, no. It's merely a convenience not having to go back to the moogle again.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    That's just silly. There is no difference between 1 stack of 99 or carrying multiple stacks of 12. What even is that. It's just.... convenient.
    It limits the number you're likely to carry on hand. While its a bit of a stretch to call it a balance concern today considering how cheap they are vs how much gil everyone has, it was probably the intention initially.

The point is, whether an item stacks 12 or 99 was decided for items on an individual basis, so there are reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Unless you get silenced 24+ in one 2hour instance, yeah, no. It's merely a convenience not having to go back to the moogle again.
    There ARE fights in the game that are that annoying.
    (0)

Player
    If I could buy 99 echo drops in one stack I would do it right now and would not need to restock for a long time.

I remember years ago, I forget what fight it was but I was helping someone with something on my whm and I just logged on and went off and did it. I forgot to restock my stack of echo drops and I got silenced twice, I had one and used it and then was silenced again. We wiped.

If I had bought 99 weeks earlier I would not of ran out, the 12 in a stack meant I had to keep remembering to restock and if you forget you can wipe.

Most games are designed for you to win and the odds are stacked in your favour with very scripted mechanics, XI is one of the few games where it's far more unpredictable and where they actively design systems for you to fail. How many games have rage systems built into the core game? In XI almost every monster rages at 20% and so the closer you get to success the harder the fight becomes.

Stack sizes are another such fail point, the more stumbling blocks they put in and you overcome the better it feels to win.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 12-13-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Thats some of the dumbest nonsense I've ever heard. And being around 11 players, that's truly impressive.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    If I could buy 99 echo drops in one stack I would do it right now and would not need to restock for a long time.

I remember years ago, I forget what fight it was but I was helping someone with something on my whm and I just logged on and went off and did it. I forgot to restock my stack of echo drops and I got silenced twice, I had one and used it and then was silenced again. We wiped.

If I had bought 99 weeks earlier I would not of ran out, the 12 in a stack meant I had to keep remembering to restock and if you forget you can wipe.

Most games are designed for you to win and the odds are stacked in your favour with very scripted mechanics, XI is one of the few games where it's far more unpredictable and where they actively design systems for you to fail. How many games have rage systems built into the core game? In XI almost every monster rages at 20% and so the closer you get to success the harder the fight becomes.

Stack sizes are another such fail point, the more stumbling blocks they put in and you overcome the better it feels to win.
    I can safely say I've never wanted to have what would currently be 8 stacks of echo drops on hand for immediate use. Maybe MAYBE 3 at a time but I certainly have the room for that.

How many games have rage systems built into the core game?
    Most modern MMOs have rage mechanics. But the raging is the fail state, not just a more difficult state. in FFXIV, in most cases when you reach enrage the boss just instantly kills everybody. There's only a few where you can keep fighting for any amount of time (and most of the ones where it was possible to finish after rage were early on in FFXIV history)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-13-2022 at 01:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast