Character
    Okosego
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Is it worth saving ToAU armour sets?

I recently went through the Zeni NM system in order to get some mulcibar scorias for upgrading my mythic weapon. Along the way I collected a beautiful set of Aurum Armor, gorgeous gold and sleek looks awesome. I was excited to have it.
    However as I looked further into it I was shocked to find that not only can the set not be upgraded beyond the level 75 base set, it also cannot be stored.
    So what is the value of this armor beyond a cosmetic look? Is it even worth saving?
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It was of value at level 75 cap, 10-15 years ago (ToAU was released in 2006), a lot of good gear,, which took much time to get, is worthless now (aside the memories of seeing it drop).... sniff.. Homam Legs
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    However, we also have the lockstyle system now, which means you can take any gear you like for the looks (even if you can't equip it, unlike FFXIV) and display that look and as an added bonus it prevents blinking with gear swaps.

So if you had armor you like the looks of (which you do from the sound of it) you can still show that stuff off. (You can store gear in any regular storage space for the purposes of lockstyle, you just create a gear set (under the Macros menu) and select the gear you want to use the look of and designate it as a lockstyle set.
    (0)

Character
    Okosego
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    However, we also have the lockstyle system now, which means you can take any gear you like for the looks (even if you can't equip it, unlike FFXIV) and display that look and as an added bonus it prevents blinking with gear swaps.

So if you had armor you like the looks of (which you do from the sound of it) you can still show that stuff off. (You can store gear in any regular storage space for the purposes of lockstyle, you just create a gear set (under the Macros menu) and select the gear you want to use the look of and designate it as a lockstyle set.
    Oh really I didn’t know you could do that with the macros. Thank you for letting us know about that, at least that’s one way to wear the armour without loosing all our stats. I still wish that there were some Magian Moogle Trials or an Oboro upgrade to power up this type of armour directly but oh well.
    (1)