Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Cherrywine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Why is, "If you don't like [this thing we all agree is not great] then leave [your game/ your server/ your town/ your country]." a more acceptable approach than seeking to make it better for everyone? In this case, all we can do is share our experiences and thoughts on a forum that the game's development team will likely never even be made aware of... But, I find that far better and more hopeful than turning on one another. We're an incredibly small community, as it is. Everyone posting in this thread has been thoughtful and polite and I see no value in encouraging any of you to give up on the game in frustration.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why is, "If you don't like [this thing we all agree is not great] then leave [your game/ your server/ your town/ your country]." a more acceptable approach than seeking to make it better for everyone?
    Well there's a few reasons. First, people leaving highlights the problem and hopefully motivates SE to address it.

Second, some people don't actually mind being in that environment, and IMO if they're more among like minded people, their experience is probably better. Whereas, everyone who leaves because of it will find a better experience elsewhere. So frankly, I think it does make things better for everyone, especially since balanced populations are better for everyone regardless of whatever specific problems one server has.

Third, I frankly think that if everyone that's not happy does move, you're left with a server full of only RMT buyers (the customers willing to pay RMT for gil/services) and sellers(The RMT themselves), and that effectively shadowbans them all since they're only playing with their own kind. The sellers have no reason to expand elsewhere when no one outside of that space wants their services, so theoretically, other servers should remain mostly RMT free. SE still gets free money from those bots and at the same time they're bothering far fewer people. Short of actually banning them all, which is unrealistic even if they actually try to do so, I truly believe this is the best solution.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-11-2022 at 05:50 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3