Good day, adventurers.
Matsui here with the latest on FFXI.

I can’t believe it’s already December, 2022. With 2023 on the horizon, it’s the perfect time to reflect on everything that the past year has meant to us.

And without further ado, here’s the skinny on the December version update.

First, I would like to offer a word of apology for the delay of The Voracious Resurgence’s next installment. We had intended to bring you part two of Chapter 10, but unfortunately are unable to complete it in time. Please accept our apologies.

As the development team is giving its all to bring the storyline to its thrilling conclusion, we are committed to sacrificing nothing to bring you a high-quality tale. While we had considered splitting part two into tow mini-parts, we believe that experiencing the entirety of part two at once would provide the best narrative experience, and thus currently plan to bring you part two in full in January 2023. I ask for your understanding as we polish up the experience a little more.

For Ambuscade, we’ve got a return of meebles and harpies. The meebles have undergone some slight tuning to their ability activation delays and monsters that spawn partway through the battle have had their HP decreased, both of which we hope help you complete the mechanics as intended. For the harpies, a golden bomb will now spawn when certain conditions were met. Your hint: Apply as many status ailments simultaneously as you are able. We hope you take this into account when considering your party and alter ego composition.

Odyssey is also seeing its vengeance cap raised to 25 this month. Defeating a +25 boss will let your augments reach rank 30. Though the foes are fierce, we believe the rewards are commensurate with the efforts, so best of luck!

Although we still have a little bit of time until the new year, allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for spending your 2022 with us in Vana’diel. The 20th Vana’versary was a wonderful event that left all of us with many wonderful surprises and friends both new and old. I hope that returnees in particular are finding your experiences in FFXI to be memorable ones, and look forward to playing with you many years into the future.

Until next time, see you in Vana’diel!

Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
DecemberAmbuscade・Replace notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
DecemberOdyssey・Increase Vengeance level cap
・Increase maximum weapon rank
-
DecemberTitles・Add new titles -

Battle-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails