Race: HumeM
    World: Asura
    Main Job: COR, Lv99
    Support Job: BLM
    Area and Coordinates: Windurst Woods, J-3
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Nanaa Mihgo

Steps:

I don't have any quests flagged with Nanaa Mihgo yet I can't progress through Windurst 2-1.
    I've spoken with Tosuka-Porika before speaking with her, but all I get is the line "I can't stand the sight of you. Get out of herrre. and don't show yourrr face to me any time soon".

I can't get the Lapis Monocle needed for the mission, which means I'm stuck on Windurst 2-1, which in turn means I can't even switch nations, which again means I can't access Chateau D'orgaile to progress on ROV...

I've tried changing jobs, zoning, completing the quest "Mihgo's Amigo" over and over but nothing seems to unstuck my progress.

A GM confirmed that I appeared to be stuck and asked me to open this bug.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You aren't stuck, and there isn't a bug. There is a reason why the NPC is saying that and some other thing you are doing or need to do is interfering.

GMs do not really know anything about this stuff and are not allowed to assist directly with gameplay, so the only thing they can do if you ask for gameplay help is to send you here.

Consult these pages to see if there are any conflicting quests you may have active or if you missed any steps in the mission. You say you haven't done any quests but you may have taken one without realizing it.
    https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Nanaa_Mihgo
    https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lost_for_Words

Also talk to the NPC multiple times.

I can almost certainly predict your response, but 99.99% of the time when someone posts a "bug" like this, they missed or overlooked some detail or didn't do something correctly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-05-2022 at 03:43 AM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I tried every suggestion I can possibly think of. Unfortunately this happens to people but no one ever states what they did to resolve it.

Further, he'll get zero help from anyone (aside from me). Not from a GM. Not from a community rep. He'll just be stuck. And he'll quit. Great game.

Same exact problem, same post, 10 years ago. No solution.
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...ost-for-Words?
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...Lost-for-Words
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 12-05-2022 at 04:24 AM.

Character
    Okosego
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Maybe your Windurst fame isn’t high enough? Maybe try doing some other Windurst quests to bring it up and the talk to Nanaa again?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (aside from me).
    I didn't see you offer any help in that post. I did. So... no. Not except you

Maybe your Windurst fame isn’t high enough? Maybe try doing some other Windurst quests to bring it up and the talk to Nanaa again?
    Neither wiki mentions a fame requirement, which isn't typical for missions, but I guess it cant be ruled out.

no one ever states what they did to resolve it.
    Most likely they just gave up on it, came back to it later and it worked.

Anyway, something worth checking. For step 2, before talking to Nanaa Mhigo:

"Note: You may have to talk to Tosuka-Porika twice if you've started Past Reflections. No need to zone, just talk to him again."

Did you try backtracking to Tosuka-Porika? Talk to them twice if you didn't the first time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-05-2022 at 08:50 AM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I talked to him in game. I covered every possible thing it can be.

The problem is you have to take their word. Where as a GM would be able to just tell him the problem. But won't. Because they're useless.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The problem is you have to take their word. Where as a GM would be able to just tell him the problem.
    This has nothing to do with taking people at their word. GMs are just customer support personnel, they just read off a script like any call center person would. They aren't even required to play the game (most probably do though), they can only do a very specifc set of things, like unstucking you if you are actually stuck in world geometry, carrying out the one time item restore process, and handling player reports (harassment, etc). They do not and are not trained to provide technical support gameplay tips or advice of any kind, it states as such on the support site and if you ask them they will tell you this. Whether the GMs know the answer or not they are not allowed to tell you. If you ask them any such things they will simply tell you to come here.

They are only doing the job they are trained to do and no more or less.

Also, the questions I was posing were to the OP, not to you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-05-2022 at 12:57 PM.