Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    It's not always about you.
    It rather often is. I'm a target here because I have a post count and for some reason that offends some poeple. I'm not here just to make an arbitrary number incriment.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-25-2022 at 11:36 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You do, if you want people around you.
    There doesn't have to be 2000 concurrent users for there to be "people around you." You don't need to be drowned in a sea of wall to wall bodies to be able to interact with anyone and have a good time.

As much fun as you might think it to be if every single player was on Asura, the game can not handle it. Period. It already can barely handle the number of people there now. Maybe you forgot about the lag and those multi hour Sortie wait times already?

Clearly this is the case here as OP can't even find a party.
    If they can't find a party, they aren't trying hard enough. Simple as that. Parties don't just fall into your lap, even on Asura, you have to ask around. It's been this way since the beginning of the game. There is no auto matcher like modern MMOs, nor do people (usually) just fire party invites out into the void. Recall back earlier when I polled my linkshell here on "empty" Shiva and not one person responded back saying they were having difficulty getting things done.

More or less full linkshell. Has not let me down.

There's people in all the places you expect to see people.
    Logging on to a server and typing /sea all does not really give you a clear picture of what things are like. You can't just look at a number and go "wow nobody's doing anything in this ghost town." There are people doing stuff, and probably in far greater relative porportions- particularly after factoring out bots and everyone that's AFK and people who are waiting to get into content (which is a problem that doesn't exist here.)

go to the town in the game and there is nobody around anymore.
    That's because they're out and about doing stuff, not because they don't exist.

As far as doing things solo, even on an FFXIV or WoW server packed to capacity, the majority of the time you're solo. The vast majority of people only group when they need to, not just for the heck of it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-25-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It rather often is. I'm a target here because I have a post count and for some reason that offends some poeple. I'm not here just to make an arbitrary number incriment.
    It's literally nothing to do with your post count. Although your post count is a symptom of the issue.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's literally nothing to do with your post count.
    The people who have actually complained about me having a lot of posts would disagree with you. But this is a tangent we really don't need to keep drilling down on.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The people who have actually complained about me having a lot of posts would disagree with you. But this is a tangent we really don't need to keep drilling down on.
    Good for them, but it still is about the things you say and not your post count.
    (0)

Character
    Edelfelt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Asura King Ronfaire Tomb is literally a Gold Farming Site full of Gil selling bots non stop killing mobs with players afk paying 30-60-200+ mil gil just to get powerleveled lol. How did all those ppl get 30-60 200+ mil gil just to throw away for some skill levels? One could only guess lol.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    You do, if you want people around you. My sister has practically given up the MMORPG she plays because she said you go to the town in the game and there is nobody around anymore.

That's what it is like on other servers. I know, I left Fenrir a while back because it was a ghost town and didn't feel like an MMORPG, more a solo player game - Which is fine, if you like to solo.

Clearly this is the case here as OP can't even find a party.
    The players on the other servers just multi-box like crazy in these small cliques. They are effectively playing an online single player game with imaginary friends.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    The players on the other servers just multi-box like crazy in these small cliques. They are effectively playing an online single player game with imaginary friends.
    People multibox and play an online single player game on every server. People also play together on every server.

The reality is, you're playing solo the vast majority of the time you're logged in to ANY MMORPG, whether it's FFXI or FFXIV or anything else you can name. You group when you need to and don't when you don't.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelfelt View Post
    Asura King Ronfaire Tomb is literally a Gold Farming Site full of Gil selling bots non stop killing mobs with players afk paying 30-60-200+ mil gil just to get powerleveled lol. How did all those ppl get 30-60 200+ mil gil just to throw away for some skill levels? One could only guess lol.

Found out on my current return campaign that my Bahamut also has this problem: constant shouts for ML grind over the tomb. ^^;
    Also, some ppl know their ways on making fast wealth amount of gil, few on linkshell I'm in having good time making fast amount of gil. Heck... the latest sortie content does fork up to million gil daily especially for those blessed with very strong gearsets & that's just only the direct gil reward you get when exiting sortie, not counting loots.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2