Player

All jobs should have an A rating in their main weapon

Whm, BLM, SCH, BRD, GEO should all have much higher ratings in their main weapons.

Every class should have an a- > a+ rating and have access to better melee options.

In the past it was fine for these jobs to have low ratings because they were group jobs, now with trusts you're expecting them to be viable when they aren't. Boost their melee capabilities.

WHM should get access to enlight 1/2, Temper 2 (this should be accessible to all mage jobs) and many other things. Also bring out a 119 Reverend Mail so they can actually do good damage when solo / lowman.

Same for all the other jobs.

Whm, BLM, GEO and others need boosts to be viable with trusts.

You did it for RDM, time to do it for other mage jobs.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The difference with RDM is (at the time) it was the only one that regularly used their weapons, and in fact have a set of spells to enhance attacks. None of the other mages do and limiting their skill was a balance decision. Of course I'd love A skill on SMN but the reality is it isn't even that important anymore. Master levels dilute the skill level differences, and with little content where master level is truly needed, even I on SMN have no problem hitting enemies with a staff. So there really isn't much of a reason to make changes.
    (1)

Yes, please. Moar Hexa Strike!
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Vyre
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Kind of an old thread, but RDM has never had higher than a B in its main weapons. Still doesn't.

It's always had the enspells, and gained the Gain spells along with Temper and the like as back as like 9 or 10 years ago, but even so it's still quite a bit behind the specialized melee jobs, as it should be.

WHM actually has a higher skill ranking in its weapon than RDM, with a B+ in clubs. Same goes for Geomancer. They are also allowed to use the level SC attribute of their weapon's default skill level 215~225 weaponskill (Hexa Strike).

SCH and BLM have C+ or B- or there abouts, but their main damage path comes from their spells anyway, and they're plenty viable with Trusts though not as viable or straight forward as some would like. (Though SCH's enhancing of its Trusts and control over the enemy with the right sub is already so great, it really doesn't need to be cranked up).

Puppetmaster on the other hand did receive a big bonus to their Hand to Hand skill, with it now being an A+. I wouldn't be opposed to raising the C+ jobs up to flat Bs and the Bs up to As for all the jobs. I don't think it would hurt anything. But... I mean, RDM is there at B flat so :P
    (0)