Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

November 2022 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (2)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you for giving a definitive statement that Mastery Levels are done at 50. It really cuts down on the speculative nature of many forum posts that can get out of hand.

Edit: My group finally saw it's first +2 earring in Sortie. It went to my friend who does not play the job that it identified as and that job happens to be my main, so bad feelings were had by all. Rolled pretty well to add some extra salt.

Please take some time to be transparent about if you will ever improve the consistency in which people can expect to see +2 earrings on jobs they actually play. The current system does not seem to be created with the happiness of the player considered at all. If that is not going to change, it would be nice to temper our expectations.
    (2)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 11-12-2022 at 09:21 AM.

Character
    Shuko
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Outside of lack of alliance difficult content, I was hoping sortie would be. I have enjoyed the new story content alot
    (2)
    Our Linkshell website: https://vsaints.com/

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Thank you for giving a definitive statement that Mastery Levels are done at 50. It really cuts down on the speculative nature of many forum posts that can get out of hand.
    They already said that before. Everyone just doesn't listen and wants to get wild imagining things up.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    While I don't mind more progression systems, I've found the grind painful enough in the teens, the higher levels are absolutely insane. I don't even want to know what 49>50 looks like lol.

But they had already said prior that the maximum ML was going to stop at 50.
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    They already said that before. Everyone just doesn't listen and wants to get wild imagining things up.

As the development team's native language is not my own, I expect a level of interpretation on anything being expressed by them. Definitive and clear statements are easy to appreciate.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Nangongwentian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Dear FFXI Developers,

i have a small but humble suggestion: Is it possible to implement an option with the Goblin NPC, Ruspix in Leafallia, which allow the player to trade in a number of unwanted Sortie Earrings for a choice of the player's favourite job Sortie earring?

As an example, Lame Deer (A) from Abyssea - Misareaux - (K-7) allows players to exchange x3 other Empyrean footwear for x1 Empyrean footwear of the player's choice.

This could help to reduce the frustration encountered by players currently when trying to farm the sortie +2 earrings. The drop rate of Old Case +1 is already low in the 1st place. Not to mention the inherent randomness of having 22 jobs to deal with when opening the Old Case +1. At least if the Goblin NPC, Ruspix in Leafallia has this new option, it could help alot of players to reduce this randomness... Haha.

For your kind considerations pls. Thanks all.
    (3)

Player
    need to see if mega boss chest guarantees a +1 case. if not, big oof. excessive layered RNG with sortie earrings and the ridiculous amount of grinding needed to cap master levels are not fun SE!
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jasnekholin View Post
    need to see if mega boss chest guarantees a +1 case. if not, big oof. excessive layered RNG with sortie earrings and the ridiculous amount of grinding needed to cap master levels are not fun SE!
    It's not supposed to be quick. You just do it over time.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    It's not supposed to be quick. You just do it over time.
    Some would argue that the amount of time is excessive.

I mind it less when I'm continuoally making progress. RNG on drop rates, you don't make progress. There is no bad luck protection or "pity drop." Someone esle could do the content and be lucky and get it on their first try, and someone else could do the content for months. Versus things like grinding job points and levels, where you will eventually get there, and every time you do it you get closer.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast