Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    My frustration is that traditional party killing (which is still sometimes done by people without someone who can do the cleaving thing) is getting worse and worse and it seems dumb to me that SE is setting the parameters for master level based on the few people who can do it the most efficiently (and least fun-ly, if I'm being honest with you).
    Yeah, I doubt the "cleaving" method was ever intended, but I guess they never really did anything to stop it (maybe limit a bit?). At least they seem to acknowledge that it may affect other players in a negative way (the recent changes to the Crawlers' Nest [S]), unlike in the past ("Summoner burns" in the Korroloka Tunnel come to mind). I guess the location in this case being pretty new in a way, and there being limited areas for this activity probably had an effect in decision making.

I always avoided leveling up that way even during the Abyssea times.

Regarding master levels, at around 14, I think I'd get around 300-500 off of the colibri, making a level in about an hour or so alone with an alter ego party (one battle taking 30-60 seconds or a bit more I guess). Not horrible yet, but it seems it will become that very fast (indeed very much reminding me of trying to get to level 20 and above, solo, back in the day).

I suppose in due time they'll add rings and events that will make it more doable for everyone, but even with all the boosts for capacity points, it still took quite a bit to get 10,000 job points for a weapon upgrade (think I got around 100 per hour during bonus time, alone, and of course there's the weekly limit one could turn those in too, which is always a fun way to make things take longer (no, it's not, really)), so not much looking forward to actually grinding these in.

Guess they'll slowly come in due time... or not. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Ambuscade

Whooops, this post sure got a lot longer than the couple of paragraphs I first had in mind!

Apologies to the translating-one (if more than none). ^^;

So... I think it would be fun, if the Intense Ambuscade battles were more often balanced similar to the recent fight with the summoner, which I could do alone, as a samurai with alter egos, on Normal difficulty.

Yes, it would take me most of the time given, and I'd only test it out once (I think that's the battle I lost 2 alter egos in, pretty early, making it a bunch slower).

(Would also be fun if things like Odin did not happen. Not sure if it's by design, or due to the latency I have to the server, but I never have enough time to do the thing that I think is necessary to avoid the other thing.)

There are some other battles that I have been able to do alone in a similar fashion, at least on Easy, like the one with orcs I think it was. The one with lots of mamool ja can be easy too, if there is someone able to make them go for a nap.

Looks like I can do this month's version (iron giants) on Easy, but it takes quite a while, probably mostly due to all the stun and amnesia and dispelling going on (those things are never really fun by the by, especially in such a high frequency (knock-back is terrible too, but not that big of an issue in this particular battle)).

I was done with around 14:35 of time remaining, which means it would take around the same time to do Very Easy three times while occupying the instance a lot less in one go (less time in being more good for people waiting to enter if congestion is a problem). Twice as long as one Very Easy might make a little more sense.

Most of the battles seem to scale up way too quick-like. Usually they can be done on Very Easy in just a couple of minutes in battle, but then a step up to Easy can already be impossible (again from the point of view of a solo samurai, or even with a few other players going as various jobs, with armour varying from Ambuscade +2 to Artifact/Relic +3, and weapons going from fully upgraded Ambuscade ones or similar to fully or nearly fully upgraded Relic, Empyrean, or Mythic weapons).

Yeah, samurai isn't exactly a solo job in general, but funny enough, most often I can do the ones I can do without a tanky alter ego (including the iron giants on Easy this month). If I do use alter ego tanks, they usually can't keep the enemies off of me unless I stop fighting a lot, making them a bit of a waste of a party slot, but that's a topic for another time. I suppose they could do well at least for a while during this month's battle, at the start when the damage dealt to the enemies is pretty low.

(The Lamiæ battle with the charm I guess was pretty easy, aside from the fact that alter egos can't keep their eyes off of them...)

Very Difficult and Difficult can remain as they are I guess (I was never able to do any on those levels), but I'd like to see Normal or at least Easy to be adjusted a smidge.

All that said, I personally have had no real need for anything from Ambuscade for years, so I just do it with a friend or few to have a fun adventure with them, and to help them out. I think being able to do the slightly higher level battles would make them even more fun (if I could, I'd give them my Abdhaljs Seals to boost that ever low 200 points a little bit, my stack of them piling up at 134 pieces currently).

As for the Regular Ambuscade, Very Difficult there can take a pretty long time to beat compared to the lower levels (and can sometimes even be a bit dangerous), but only gives out 300 hallmarks, and so usually the Normal one will be more worth the effort. Here the points don't quite seem to be scaling up as well as they perhaps could.

The bonus bomb is nice, but happens pretty rarely, if at all.

I think that is all... fer now.

Thank you!
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 11-18-2022 at 09:46 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I suppose in due time they'll add rings and events that will make it more doable for everyone, but even with all the boosts for capacity points, it still took quite a bit to get 10,000 job points for a weapon upgrade
    Don't get me started, I was prepared to spend several months doing that given that even 700 a week was going to be a no lifer experience for me. Thankfully I did get a Dynamis D wave 3 clear before I had invested too much time into it...
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Don't get me started, I was prepared to spend several months doing that given that even 700 a week was going to be a no lifer experience for me. Thankfully I did get a Dynamis D wave 3 clear before I had invested too much time into it...
    Yeah, I would not suggest that to my worst enemy even... or their enemies, even.
    (0)

Character
    Beoulve
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hello!

I have to let devs know about master levels;

The Exemplar points loss upon KO is unacceptable, I see it as a lack of respect towards players reaching master levels past 31.
    It has to be reduced to a maximum of 2500 from home point after KO.

Also, all I see for master level are static party using bots to do pulling and kills all night long.
    Since Crawlers Nests (S) has been slaughtered with Locus foes, I did not find a single exemplar points party to play with;

Of course ! Most static with bots so they don't want to reveal it to people they don't know / don't trust.

Nowdays, leveling up is all about BOTS and RMTs, I think Square Enix is probably ignoring this , up high from an Ivory Tower. For I cannot see that was intended by design.
    Because, last time I checked, both BOTS and RMTs were illegal...

Is it really BOTS that should rewards players the most over players teaming up and playing together to earn their levels trough tactics and battles?

Please fix the master levels content, its such a high amount of grind than it leads to cheating behaviors.

We need a lot more areas where we can earn Exemplar Points! Also, I would like to very high level locus monsters that are a few minutes fights for each foes, maybe 3-5 minute?
    But rewards with a large amount of exemplar points. (Maybe 100k per foe). I think that might be fun?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Beoulve.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nelius; 11-24-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The Exemplar points loss upon KO is unacceptable, I see it as a lack of respect towards players reaching master levels past 31.
    The penalty is lower than the EXP loss was at 75 in FFXI. The base is 2% EP, the original loss was 5% of EXP TNL in 75 era. Raise III+ still restores most of this.

It's definitely not trivial at high MLs, but neither was EXP loss back in the day.

I've been griping a lot about ML here, and the grind is definitely worse. but the percentage loss is less than it was back in the day, it only hurts more because the numbers are larger.

Maybe you should just consider not dying.
    (2)

Character
    Dharc
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    Honestly i stopped playing months ago. I'm a DNC main, only came back in the hope of job adjustments. Guess i'll check back in 6 more months. As always nothing but glad to see this game getting updates.
    \
    Take care
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetric View Post
    Honestly i stopped playing months ago. I'm a DNC main, only came back in the hope of job adjustments. Guess i'll check back in 6 more months. As always nothing but glad to see this game getting updates.
    \
    Take care
    DNC isn't in desperate need of an update. Why not just play it now?
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4