Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You know what else isn't quick? Exemplar points. I almost fainted when I saw the new numbers....
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Some would argue that the amount of time is excessive.

I mind it less when I'm continuoally making progress. RNG on drop rates, you don't make progress. There is no bad luck protection or "pity drop." Someone esle could do the content and be lucky and get it on their first try, and someone else could do the content for months. Versus things like grinding job points and levels, where you will eventually get there, and every time you do it you get closer.
    It's only excessive for those who refuse to accept they don't need ML past 30, which isn't long to get, and happens naturally. My THF is ML21 from endgame events only and I don't use it that much.
    The only argument for going past that is to get Foil, but even then that is more fun than necessary as no content requires it. Gear creep has made ML31+ mostly superfluous for any decent player. Doesn't stop all the foaming at the mouth otherwise though. This is supposed to be a long grind like leveling used to be, where players focus on particular jobs only, except it it optional.

It's really only with V20/25 Odyssey and Sortie EFGH that MLs even matter. Before there was nothing to apply the extra power to. Even then this is limited. Which further justifies the grind.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's only excessive for those who refuse to accept they don't need ML past 30
    Don't need to *now*, sure. But we will likely need to eventually. and the EP ramp past 40 is absolutely nuts. I almost fainted when i saw the updated chart on BG (hyperbole, but it is really just... nuts) I know what the intent was, but it seems rather tone deaf when you consider the fact that people who played this game in the preceeding decades probably don't have as much time to devote as they did back then, unless you were already in your 40s or 50s and have retired since starting.

But the comment was really about other things. As crazy as that grind is, every time you gain EXP you're making progress. You don't make progress every time you do Sortie trying to get a +1 ring and one doesnt drop or you get one for another job you don't play. You don't make progress every time you don't get a D ring from KB, get the good stuff from AMAN Trove, etc.

This is supposed to be a long grind like leveling used to be
    Up until ML15 or so, it literally did feel like classic job leveling. But as you get closer to to 30 and beyond, it starts to become excessive. Not to mention that being KO'd at high MLs can cost hours even with the best raise.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-15-2022 at 03:50 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, I am good with it, and they can speed it up later. I'm happy with ML39 being my highest, and don't care if I ever hit 50. Though 45 for foil be cool and a stopping point.
    I don't think there's any justification of wanting it faster other than personal preference or impatience.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't think extreme grinds like this should be encouraged, saying "well I don't really have to do it" is just an excuse.
    (2)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't think extreme grinds like this should be encouraged, saying "well I don't really have to do it" is just an excuse.
    I don't think the grind is really that extreme. Saturday we were able to get gain a full level and then some in a little over 3 hours (L41 to L42). That really isn't that extreme. And given that the bulk of the benefit of Master Levels can be had at a fraction of the effort, I don't mind the last 10-15 levels being as big of a grind as they are.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't think the grind is really that extreme. Saturday we were able to get gain a full level and then some in a little over 3 hours (L41 to L42).
    Well you probably had ideal jobs for a good party, iv'e struggled to get into parties on SMN and when I do it usually isn't as quick (I've had some good ones but I ended up mostly just being there for buffs lol) 49-50 is 3.3 million EXP and that's going to be several hours of hardcore grinding at best. If you have a job/life, each of those levels could end up being multiple play sessions, whereas even back in the day, reaching lv75 wasn't nearly that long.
    (1)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well you probably had ideal jobs for a good party, iv'e struggled to get into parties on SMN and when I do it usually isn't as quick (I've had some good ones but I ended up mostly just being there for buffs lol) 49-50 is 3.3 million EXP and that's going to be several hours of hardcore grinding at best. If you have a job/life, each of those levels could end up being multiple play sessions, whereas even back in the day, reaching lv75 wasn't nearly that long.
    Certainly 40 to 50 isn't as bad as L1 to L75 *back in the L75 day. Maybe 1-50 isn't as bad. SMN is just fine for an EP party. I made a video on it eons ago. Everybody can get decent EPs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Velner; 11-16-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I think its worse, but I haven't checked. The TNL seems higher and we need to kill harder monsters now.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SMN should have quick parties if it is filling the slot optimally. Either healing or SC MBing. If you are just going without SCing or standing there then yeah it's a waste. I think a GEO afking with a bubble is a waste too, but it do better than any halfhearted SMN.

I believe Velner has the right idea and sentiment. You just have trouble as a solo player without connections.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast