Player

Add RoE tabs for REMA

Add an RoE section for all REMA, and also that are ticked off at every stage of creation.

Not only is it a nice "tick off" for progression, but also makes it a little easier to track your rema progress if you took a break or were working on a few over multiple characters.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Unnecessary. REMA is a totally optional thing that nobody has to or should be pressured to do by appearing in RoE.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Unnecessary. REMA is a totally optional thing that nobody has to or should be pressured to do by appearing in RoE.
    Is that a thing that happens? You see a RoE objective and you feel you NEED to do it?
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Is that a thing that happens? You see a RoE objective and you feel you NEED to do it?
    A lot of people do stuff like this just because its there, yes. it's called "completionist." The people who already do all the REMAs don't need this, and the people who don't may feel pressured to start.
    (0)

A lot of people do stuff like this just because its there, yes. it's called "completionist." The people who already do all the REMAs don't need this, and the people who don't may feel pressured to start.
    Not that I see this suggestion happening, I don't think SE should make decisions based on how a small subset of players with self-imposed goals would perceive it.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    But do we really need more?
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ooh, hey, you know what else is a totally optional thing that nobody has to or even should do? Lu Shang's +1. But it gets its own special little RoE category! But the thing is, it only appears if you've started already so there's never any kind of pressure to start on it, only to finish.

I think the same holds true of the whole eschuteon process, actually.

When it's possible to hide categories and only reveal and unlock them when a relevant activity is started, "it's too much and it will overwhelm players" ceases to be a valid counter-argument.

That said, I don't think it's a good idea because it would either be completely useless, or it would add just so, so many extra RoE objectives, upending any kind of effort to keep progression reined in for things like the overarching RoE storyline quest... things.

Looking at mythics, what would that look like? Is it trade in a vigil weapon > collect these seven specific titles > trade in the logs, book, eyepatch, and alexandrite > do that fight > obtained a mythic weapon?

That's not useful for tracking. If you cancel and restart after a logbook or two, you have completed objectives that are not, in fact, complete this time through. Are they repeatable? Then you kind of lose your tracking every time you finish one, defeating the purpose.

Or is it going to be "trade in quicksilver" > "tell Salaheem you have the titles" > "trade in the stuff" > the fight > "obtain death penalty"? That's like 15 to 17 objectives added per weapon, if you want it to actually serve as a tracker of any real sort (since you would need to record each title separately or you wouldn't be able to see which you're missing, and the same for each item to trade in.)

It's a nice thought but it just doesn't seem particularly practical.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just dont really like how everything is connected to RoE these days. I mean, it's not a bad system but that doesn't mean I want every bit of the entire game to be in it. I just think it's unnecessary, and while you're right, there's other things there already that aren't exactly essential for the player, I feel like RoE has overstayed its welcome and I don't really want to see anything and everything get added to it just for the sake of having it.
    (1)