Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The fact games can make more money from a cash shop selling cosmetics than a sub fee proves my point how important they are in the minds of players, a white box isn't better than a cool armor design but it's a visual step up from an NQ box and that's the point. This is why I personally think cosmetic cash shops are actually p2w honestly.

Also a game having less of something does not mean they have less value, quite the opposite actually. HNM king drops had a ton of effort put into the designs, and that's why they were so desired for so long. If XI had a cosmetic cash shop back in the day selling really amazing armors, HNM would of not been what it was.

Getting a Adamn Haub was more about how it made you look, and how few had them than the extra 3 acc and 3 attack etc.

The time and effort investment people put into HNM was partly because it was PVP-PVE but a huge pull was getting the elite "look" to many players above the min maxers. I did HNM or a long time and I know how important the look was to a lot of people.
    Learn the difference between the self-fulfilling prophecy of your personal definition of "proving" something, and a supporting argument.

Your inability to measure Odyssey gear beyond the cosmetic value of its social credit means your opinions of its actual value don't matter.
    (1)

Player
    Twitter just proved the value of a prestige cosmetic in the minds of those that own them, even if it's just a tiny icon.

Obtaining a verified badge symbol used to have great value and prestige, you could not just buy it or apply to get one and get it.

Now anyone will be able to buy it for $5 and it will be open to all.

Masses of people who had one are outraged.

Cosmetics matter.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Twitter just proved the value of a prestige cosmetic in the minds of those that own them, even if it's just a tiny icon.

Obtaining a verified badge symbol used to have great value and prestige, you could not just buy it or apply to get one and get it.

Now anyone will be able to buy it for $5 and it will be open to all.

Masses of people who had one are outraged.

Cosmetics matter.
    False equivalence and surface level observations at best.
    (0)

Player
    It's not a false equivalence at all, it's showing people care about cosmetic systems online. A social media platform is no different than an mmorpg.

You know what I'm saying is correct, you're just arguing for the sake of it.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's not a false equivalence at all, it's showing people care about cosmetic systems online. A social media platform is no different than an mmorpg.

You know what I'm saying is correct, you're just arguing for the sake of it.
    People care about lots of things. Saying the Odyssey gear isn't cosmetic enough is silly.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it's showing people care about cosmetic systems online.
    In modern games today? Sure. That's probably true.
    In FFXI? Not even close. That's not to say that people don't care at all about their appearance. But nobody buys late game gear for the looks. They buy it because they need it. Looking good (if it looks good to you) is a bonus.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    People care about lots of things. Saying the Odyssey gear isn't cosmetic enough is silly.
    No I said there needs to be more of a visual difference between NQ and fully augmented if you want people to engage with it, even if it's just a white box.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    In modern games today? Sure. That's probably true.
    In FFXI? Not even close. That's not to say that people don't care at all about their appearance. But nobody buys late game gear for the looks. They buy it because they need it. Looking good (if it looks good to you) is a bonus.
    Tartarus Platemail
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    No I said there needs to be more of a visual difference between NQ and fully augmented if you want people to engage with it, even if it's just a white box.

Tartarus Platemail
    There should be visual difference between everything then! We should glow all colors at once just so everyone knows how little difference there is in their vanity seeking.

Platemail is also gross and doesn't even work in CSs right.
    (0)

9. 11-03-2022 01:24 AM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3