Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    Sortie is the least fun I've had playing FFXI in the last 6 years.
    Don't do it. Stop punishing yourself.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferth View Post
    Sortie is the least fun I've had playing FFXI in the last 6 years.
    Then don't?
    (1)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I just wanted to add some input on the new update. I love the new Sortie bosses so far! They are challenging and encourage players to try different strategies and party compositions. You love to see it!
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    I just wanted to add some input on the new update. I love the new Sortie bosses so far! They are challenging and encourage players to try different strategies and party compositions. You love to see it!
    I am glad to see everyone struggling to adjust to being in danger if they are near the mob, and unable to simply spam Savage Blade till it dies.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    I am glad to see everyone struggling to adjust to being in danger if they are near the mob, and unable to simply spam Savage Blade till it dies.
    That requires having savage blade, that's the only problem
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Please do something about all the Saphires and nq earrings in my inventory. Any exchange for more Galli would be appreciated if you aren't planning to use them in the future for something else.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That requires having savage blade, that's the only problem
    Spamming WSs in general.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Spamming WSs in general.
    I like Sortie, but for me it's slow going. I'm a SMN main. Every time I go in, I basically run around and nab all the easy objectives and then kill stuff with trusts til the time runs out I can't do any of the other stuff like "kill 6 mobs with magic only" (because I need Trust and it would take forever even if I didn't) or the ones that require you to burst down mobs really fast, because without a GEO that's really just not possible (I have GEO as well, but minimal job points / no master level). So I don't get a lot of galliwhatever. I haven't even tried the bosses, because they aren't strictly speaking necessary, if I'm being honest with you. The people I know all have groups already and nobody I don't know seems to want a SMN. So I' do it solo. Thanks in part to the free stuff they gave us I've gotten what I want to +2, but apparently we're going to need to do sortie for the new special weapon line. So not sure if I'm going to bother with that. I still need to finish grinding the Omen farm floor for detritus to finish my relic augmentation.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I like Sortie, but for me it's slow going. I'm a SMN main. Every time I go in, I basically run around and nab all the easy objectives and then kill stuff with trusts til the time runs out I can't do any of the other stuff like "kill 6 mobs with magic only" (because I need Trust and it would take forever even if I didn't) or the ones that require you to burst down mobs really fast, because without a GEO that's really just not possible (I have GEO as well, but minimal job points / no master level). So I don't get a lot of galliwhatever. I haven't even tried the bosses, because they aren't strictly speaking necessary, if I'm being honest with you. The people I know all have groups already and nobody I don't know seems to want a SMN. So I' do it solo. Thanks in part to the free stuff they gave us I've gotten what I want to +2, but apparently we're going to need to do sortie for the new special weapon line. So not sure if I'm going to bother with that. I still need to finish grinding the Omen farm floor for detritus to finish my relic augmentation.
    Then go a different job? It's slow going regardless, but I wouldn't farm it solo on SMN.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Then go a different job? It's slow going regardless, but I wouldn't farm it solo on SMN.
    It's the only job I've got that can do current content. And the only job I currently want empy+2 on. And you need the job you want the gear for.

I just really don't like these objectives that depend on high DPS because there are comparatively few ways to do them and you probably won't do them solo as trusts are becoming increasingly poor at anything other than mere survival.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-22-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2