Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zohuro
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Cait Sith HTMB Not dropping items

I have recently started to repeatedly do the Caith Sith HTMB battle. I do not have any of the items from this fight. I have attempted more than 35 battles so far. Other than the 3rd battle that dropped the Cath Palug ring, for the last consecutive 30+ times, no equipment item has dropped. Other than the first and most recent battles that were on Very Easy, every battle was on Easy. I subjob /THF and have 2 TH items for a total of TH+4 but nothing dropped. Is this drop rate usual? Is this part of the game working correctly? Other people reported much higher dropped rate. This has been extremely discouraging. I understand for an MMO game, the drop rate can be low, but this is becoming too low. Am I missing something? Has there been changes to the mechanics affecting dropping of items to this battle?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zohuro; 10-11-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You got a gear drop in 35 fights with only TH4? Lucky.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hint, stop fighting it on Easy. It's not the game. It's just you.
    (0)

4. 10-12-2022 10:10 AM

Character
    Zohuro
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Part of the question I was asking was if the drop rate was normal or if I have missed doing something to proc it. I am an average player so I play within my limits. I wasn't asking how to fight the HTMN on normal or difficult.

@Sp1cyryan Your respond does not answer any of my questions. If you don't anything constructive to say, it's ok to just keep your comments to yourself. I did nothing to offend you but you respond with no useful information but a personal attack. By replying, it shows only that you are rude.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohuro View Post
    Part of the question I was asking was if the drop rate was normal or if I have missed doing something to proc it. I am an average player so I play within my limits. I wasn't asking how to fight the HTMN on normal or difficult.

@Sp1cyryan Your respond does not answer any of my questions. If you don't anything constructive to say, it's ok to just keep your comments to yourself. I did nothing to offend you but you respond with no useful information but a personal attack. By replying, it shows only that you are rude.
    The droprate is very low even on the hardest difficulty, and it goes down from there. It is not unusual for you to have the experience you described, it's not a bug.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Stop fighting it on Easy. Nothing is dropping because of the rate at that difficulty. It's not a bug, it's just you.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean, you *can* get the drops, Nothing is excluded entirely from the drop list based on the difficulty, but the tradeoff of an easier clear is shaving to do it potentially many more times.

If you don't think you can win after raising the difficulty level, consider grinding out more job points / master levels and then come back.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-13-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Character
    Zohuro
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thank Alhanelem for the replies. I do have a mastered job but don't have the time and gil to get the really top notch equipment to make the fight easier at Normal level. I mostly play solo so will stay with Easy. Just that Cait Sith uses that Lv ? Holy move multiple times and it has been one shotting me. Good to confirm that the drop rate is so low.

And thanks Sp1cyryan for pointing it out that it's me. You are partially correct. I now have adjusted my expectations. But your repeated attempt to put me down despite the fact that I did not offend you to begin with makes me wonder someone probably have been doing that to you. It's just a sad reply but in the most validating way.
    (1)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thank Alhanelem for the replies. I do have a mastered job but don't have the time and gil to get the really top notch equipment to make the fight easier at Normal level. I mostly play solo so will stay with Easy. Just that Cait Sith uses that Lv ? Holy move multiple times and it has been one shotting me. Good to confirm that the drop rate is so low.
    If the only thing that's threatening the fight is Holy, and not Enlight, there's a sneaky lifehack for that. Put together a gearset that makes your maximum HP a prime number; only the lowest roll will be able to hit, and that's not a significant threat. (Also, avoid having a number divisible by 60 at all costs, that guarantees you're eating every single hit.) You can try the same trick with current HP (as that's what it's actually based on if I remember correctly), but that's a lot more volatile and harder to manipulate with gear swaps.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's just really worth remembering that there's a lot of stuff in this game that has incredibly low drop rates. It's extraordinarily rare that an item not dropping is bugged. Some stuff really just is that rare.

There are people who have been doing King Behemoth for as long as he's existed without seeing a Defending Ring. You'd be forgiven for thinking it doesn't really exist, but it definitely does.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast