Comcast

Type of Internet Connection:
    Broadband

Internet Connection Speed:
    359.6 Mbps download, 12 Mbps Upload

Date & Time:
    28/07/2022 at about 8:29 EST

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    3. Once (did not reproduce)

Character Name:
    Kaibatsu

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    Mithra

World:
    Lakshmi

Main Job:
    WHM (White Mage)

Support Job:
    SCH (Scholar)

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    Party, three members.

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    Cait Sith

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.

High-Tier Mission Battle Field - Champion of the Dawn - fighting Cait Sith Prime

Cath Palug Crown was rewarded

The chat log then went as follows:
    Kaibatsu's lot for the Cath Palug crown: 844 points.
    Kaibatsu's lot for the copy of Rem's Tale, chapter 6: 628 points.
    Nebo's lot for the pluton case: 930 points.
    Kaibatsu's lot for the copy of Rem's Tale, chapter 9: 541 points.
    Nebo's lot for the beitetsu box: 154 points.
    Kaibatsu's lot for the copy of Rem's Tale, chapter 6: 169 points.
    Nebo's lot for the durium sheet: 820 points.
    You could not obtain the Cath Palug crown. Either your inventory is full or you can only hold one item of that type.
    Kaibatsu obtains a copy of Rem's Tale, chapter 6.
    Kaibatsu obtains a copy of Rem's Tale, chapter 9.
    Kaibatsu obtains a copy of Rem's Tale, chapter 6.
    You do not meet the requirements to obtain the Cath Palug crown.
    Cath Palug crown lost.
    I had inventory space open to receive the Cath Palug crown and I do not have one already.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y8XRVZumNCs4S4nU6
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaibatsu; 07-30-2022 at 04:29 PM. Reason: screenshot did not post

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibatsu View Post
    Fought High-Tier Mission Battle Field Cait Sith, and the Cath Palug Crown dropped.

I lotted it along with some Rem's Tales. I received a "You could not obtain the Cath Palug crown. Either your inventory is full or you can only hold one item of that type." Followed by obtaining (2) copy of Rem's Tale, chapter 6 and (1) 9, I had the inventory space for the item, and I do not have a Cath Palug Crown already. It is unfortunate because it just dropped to the ground please help T-T
    This isn't a bug, it's a by design feature. SE/GMs/Support cannot help with items that are lost in this manner.

There is a reason these messages appear. From your log, I can't see everything but those other items dropped to you before the crown drop was resolved, so they could have filled your inventory, even if it looked like it wasn't full beforehand. That message can and will appear if anyone rolled on the item but was unable to obtain it, usually due to a filled inventory after rolling. You will also see this message if everyone in the party passes on an item, and you can pass after rolling so that could also have happened. Note that while there were two rem chapter 6's, they will drop in two seperate inventory slots before being merged into a stack by auto sort. You'll need to show that your inventory was less than 77/80 before these items dropped to you.

In order for any bug report to be considered at all you must use the template provided in the sticky thread of this forum section and fill out all information. I've mentioned this numerous times and such threads always get filed to "not a bug report" or "insufficient information" if the template is not used. That being said, the loot system has been run through the wringer for 20 years and you can be sure that this message appeared for a reason.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-30-2022 at 04:28 PM.

Character
    Kaibatsu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thank you for the reply, I just edited my initial post because I did not meet the guidelines. I was told to post here from a GM. I also did have inventory space available and I was the only one that lotted that item.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibatsu View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I just edited my initial post because I did not meet the guidelines. I was told to post here from a GM. I also did have inventory space available and I was the only one that lotted that item.
    How much space?
    You must have been at most 76/80 before collecting the rem tales or you would not recieve that drop.

If you really want an item, you should skip on junk like Rem tales which are easily reobtainable just to ensure you get it.

If you were at 79/80 afterwards, then the item got blocked by your inventory briefly being 80/80 before the auto sort took place.

You should also do /itemsearch "Cath Palug crown" and show that it turns up no results.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-30-2022 at 04:31 PM.

Character
    Kaibatsu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I was at 77/80 after receiving the Rem's Tales, also not that it will prove anything because the item search does not specially say no instances of Cath Palug crown found. But here is the picture you asked for https://photos.app.goo.gl/B9UcSBfcxDfU5aet6
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I forgot that there are also the rem tales that you get for simply clearing, those go straight to your inventory and dont go through the loot pool, which means you need more space.

I can't give a perfect explanation, but always make sure you have enough space for every item that could possibly drop +1. Do this before you go into a fight- especially solo because the items won't stay in the loot pool. Move stuff into your sack/statchel/etc just before you go in. There is *always* a reason for this.
    (1)

Character
    Kaibatsu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Alhanelem, yes there is the ones that automatically drop into your inventory after a fight but that is right as the mob dies. So that would not have clogged up my inventory at the time of lot and pass.

Also as far as design features or not, it's a bad one, we all did our lotting and passing quickly and therefore an item hit the ground? Does that sound like a good design feature? Especially when we have a loot pool that gives time to make decisions, if you lot something and have no room you should be allowed the remaining time on the lot pool to clear space, especially if your lot pool isn't being filled pushing items out. I find that a design flaw, and if other players have experienced it I feel bad for them, and should be considered for a future adjustment.

I can not say at this point what my inventory space was prior to lots and passes only what I had after everything dropped into inventory, but I generally check my inventory space prior to lotting. The question remains why did it try to drop the crown first give me a message that it couldn't but then proceed to drop rem's tales into my inventory? These questions will likely not be answered and so I digress. I would like to let you know that while I appreciate the information you have provided, you sound extremely jaded and were not really helpful as far as the problem goes. Thank you for your time thus far, have a great day.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Also as far as design features or not, it's a bad one, we all did our lotting and passing quickly and therefore an item hit the ground?
    The autosort feature was something that was shoehorned in later, which is why you need an open space even when items stack. I never said the design was good, just that it is what it is.

Don't trust anything. Always make sure you have more than enough inventory space for all of the possible drops, since even stuff you don't roll on can drop to you and fill your inventory if you don't explicitly pass it. If a battlefield has 10 slots for drops, make sure you have 11 spots free.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I believe I know what happened here.

You have some sort of feature enabled that sorts your inventory automatically stacking items without you having to do it yourself with the 'Auto' sort feature in the inventory menu. Unfortunately, this does not happen instantly. The items first drop individually into your inventory and then get autosorted. So, you had 77/80, received 3x REM Chapters thus filling your inventory to 80/80, failed the inventory check on the Crown, and then those 3x REM Chapters autosorted to stack with chapters in your inventory setting you back to 77/80.
    (0)
    Last edited by Velner; 08-04-2022 at 08:23 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You have some sort of feature enabled that sorts your inventory automatically stacking items without you having to do it yourself with the 'Autosort' feature in the inventory menu. Unfortunately, this does not happen instantly.
    I covered this already, they're insisting they had enough free space to account for that, but it's really the only explanation. When I say autosort, I'm talking about the option that makes the game do it automatically (not through user input, which isn't "auto.")
    (0)