Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your monthly dose of FFXI chatter.

Tokyo is finally entering fall, with all of Japan’s wondrous fruits tasting better than ever. It’s also a great time to relax on the couch with a good book!

Speaking of books, lately I’ve really gotten into online subscription-based audiobook services. Since all I have to do is listen, I can enjoy literature while cooking dinner or out taking my dog for a walk. I’m glad I gave the service a try.

Let’s get right into our October information, shall we?

A new section of Sortie is opening up, with new materials to collect—and more importantly, the ability to reforge Empyrean armor to their +3 versions. The stats are beefier than ever, and the path to completion is sure to be a long one. I’m looking forward to seeing what strats you come up with for the latest addition to our newest battle content.

Next up is Ambuscade.
Volume 1 is a repeat of the Medusae battle, with Volume 2 being a new Harvest Festival-themed encounter featuring Fomors in much the same vein as our previous October Ambuscade.
Certain ability recast times of the Medusa enemies have been increased to make it easier for you to deal with the challenges they pose.

The Fomor battle features a full lineup of previous foes led by a new Elvaan boss.
Defeating the leader will see you emerge victorious, but you may find the battle is actually quicker if you take out the lackeys first. Trick or Treat has an effect that might actually benefit you if the targeted players has a specific food buff. If you’re using a tank alter ego, don’t fret—as long as the summoning player has the buff, Trick or Treat will still fire off even if it targets their alter ego. Prepare your candy!

This month there is no new entry in The Voracious Resurgence as we gear up for the next chapter, coming to you in November. However, the Peculiar Foes Records of Eminence objectives associated with the previous chapter will be going live in October, so be sure to give those a go.

Even though fall is quite the agreeable season for me, I must confess that it is a bit difficult to decide what seasonal attire to wear. The weather can change at the drop of a hat, so make sure you’re eating well and staying rested to avoid any undesired colds or seasonal doldrums.

See you in Vana’diel!

Missions and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
October Records of Eminence・Update monthly objectives
・Add new objectives
-

Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
OctoberAmbuscade・Replace notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
OctoberSortie・Add new area