Player

blazing buffalo event

This event is TERRIBLE, it's one of the most not fun things I've ever done.

Barely anyone is doing it, becasue it's awful. Can this be changed?

I wanted the hat so I've been trying to do it but it is SO BAD I can't stomach it and just gave up.

This is why it sucks:

The Calves move slow so you have to /walk back to the moogle
    You lose the scent pretty quick, so there is a decent chance they will wander away mid slow walk to the moogle, so you have to start again.
    Chigoes and bulls scare them off and the bulls can warp you back to town (lol).
    They give 1 point each and you need 30 for the hat.

How to make it more fun:

A)The scent never wears off until you bring some calves back
    or
    b)they move at normal speed.

This is a holiday event, it's supposed to be fun.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-18-2022 at 10:59 PM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Do the COWS, each COW will yield 7 points, you stand behind them and they run away from you, do this to guild them to the moogle. Focus on the same herd, so that once you hit 3, 5, 7 etc, you will get a 4 point bonus.

Basically turning in 4 cows of the same herd will yield you 32 points, more than enough for the hat.

The event is not hard and base mechanics have not changed since it was first added, only the rewards have changed. I still have my bovine card from the year it was introduced, and points from previous years carry over.
    (2)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 09-19-2022 at 08:09 AM.

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I got the hat on six different characters (and all the other drops for that matter!). Speak for yourself, but I actually had a lot of fun doing this silly event. Especially when a bull surprised me by sending me all the way back to town!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    I got the hat on six different characters (and all the other drops for that matter!). Speak for yourself, but I actually had a lot of fun doing this silly event. Especially when a bull surprised me by sending me all the way back to town!
    It's super annoying considering it's a holiday event. On Asura there is nobody doing it, and there are 3-4k people online.

All they need to do is not let the scent wear off or make it much longer and it's tolerable for way more people.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I did the event solo, just to do it even though I had the points, I guided 7 cows of the same herd in 10 min and finished
    (1)