Player

Basic, relatively simple build for a non-Idris geomancer?

Hey all.

I've been thinking of building up a Geomancer alt to go with my BRD alt and MNK main. I figure GEO bubbles and BRD songs can go a pretty long way.

Figuring out how to build the BRD was pretty easy because I have a pretty strong BRD main. But I don't know a thing about GEO equipment. So can anybody recommend a decent build? I'm looking for something I could build up relatively easy working solo. Ambuscade gear is okay, but Dynamis, Odyssey, Omen, Sortie, and Delve not so much. SU5 equipment is okay. I want something a little better than sparks gear. Idris of course is out of the question.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    jse neck+2
    empyrean+1 head(get your missions done then sortie for +2)
    AF+1 hands(omen +3)
    relic feet+1(dyna +3)
    isa belt(delve ez)
    ambu cape(pet regen)

telchine body/legs pet: regen & pet: dt

work on that idris, it takes a while but is nice to have.
    (1)

Character
    Sueno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    To give you a suggestion, we kind of need to know what content you are doing with the geo. If you are just doing apex/locus mobs for cp/exemplar points you could pretty much go naked with a Dunna;since it seems like you will most likely be just standing around since you said this was a alt. If you are doing other content,then the suggestion would vary depending on said content.
    (0)

Player
    Plan is just to support my MNK main during exemplar points parties.

What spells should I get?
    (0)

Character
    Sueno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You just need indi-fury and geo-frailty. Sub rdm and use dia2 on the mob to activate the bubble and for more def down,since they stack. Pick up a Dunna for your geo;since it is cheap and gives 50% of the bonus that Idris does. When the geo is low on mp use Entrust indi-refresh on your mnk to fill it back up.

If it will just be your mnk brd geo and 3 trust,I can give you a trust setup and skillchain that will almost 1 shot locus/apex mobs if you want.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueno View Post
    You just need indi-fury and geo-frailty. Sub rdm and use dia2 on the mob to activate the bubble and for more def down,since they stack. Pick up a Dunna for your geo;since it is cheap and gives 50% of the bonus that Idris does. When the geo is low on mp use Entrust indi-refresh on your mnk to fill it back up.

If it will just be your mnk brd geo and 3 trust,I can give you a trust setup and skillchain that will almost 1 shot locus/apex mobs if you want.
    I use Ayame because she's a pretty reliable opener of Light, but I'm open for suggestions. I use Arciela II and Ygnas for healing
    (0)

Character
    Sueno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would suggest changing Ayame to Ayame(UC). The reason is because the (UC) version can do multi step skillchains with you and has much higher acc then other trust.

Skillchain: backhand blow> tachi ageha> victory smite> tachi kasha> victory smite.

With brd and geo buffs; this skillchain should 1 shot locus mobs.
    (0)