Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Why I quit FFXI.

Vagary, delve and dynamis D requiring 3 people to enter. Sortie, everything new is exciting but it quickly became tedious, boring and absolutely hate doing it. Tired of shouts of people or just one person constantly selling an 8 hour session of leveling for 5 million gil on every server just to be sold back to the same people who bought this service for real money. Tired of game day waits for every damn thing and sometimes earth day waits. Long cut scenes of a story I don't care about. Not enough space for anything even with 8 wardrobes not to mention paying for those wardrobes. Almost 30 dollars for a subscription is absurd. Tired of people scamming people on materials needed to upgrade gear. Etched memories being sold for 50k a piece is absurd. No need for people to group cause its far easier to write a script within you gearswap if using windower or your lua using ashita to fully automate your characters to do anything you want. Tired of insane crafting reagents almost unobtainable in this current era such as cashmere cloth. Sick and tired of SE not allowing people to play there game with ridiculous restrictions.
    (2)

Player
    Nonsense, you played this game for many years and all these things were there all that time.

Whatever reason you quit (that you don't want to say), had little to do with those things.

Best of luck in your travels, the game will still be here if you wanna come back.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No need for people to group cause its far easier to write a script within you gearswap if using windower or your lua using ashita to fully automate your characters to do anything you want.
    I am glad someone finally said it. That's the main reason I was playing FFXI for last few years. Once you learned how, FFXI is no longer a game you used to play many years ago.

After the 20th anniversary, I can accept that SE doesn't want to do something big because players are breaking the rules all the time.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    "far easier" if you want to pay for 3-6 accounts, sure. But many of us aren't willing to do that.

But the whole point of an MMORPG is playing with other people. Why is everyone so averse to doing that?
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Why is everyone so averse to doing that?
    Because you can't afford your time playing both XI and XIV.

XIV is a lot easier to play with other people, XI became their solo game.
    (0)

Player
    Ironically, although you can play with others easier on XIV it has far less meaning and they might as well be purely AI.

When you do group on XI, it's actual human interaction because you have to put effort in and people will talk to you.

This isn't banging on XIV either, all modern mmorpgs are the same.

I remember playing another game with all the bells and whistles of party building, I played a tank and I spammed dungeons all day. Talking 6-7 hours of it, I played with so many different people and it was near instant match.

At the end of the day I felt completely and utterly depressed in a way I had never experienced on XI in 15 years of playing, I had "played" with literally hundreds of people and it meant nothing. It was souless, and I felt awful when I went to bed.

It felt better to solo all day than go through this charade of "playing with people" when nobody talked, you would never see them again and there was no social interaction much at all other than hi bye and gg.

What's that saying, "in a room full of people and still alone" that's what it feels like to "play with others" on a dungeon finder game.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-14-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Since SE is serving two MMORPGs, they aren't helping XI that much. That can pressure players to lose an interest. I think as Yoshi-P has stated somewhere their employees don't care if they are getting paid they don't want to work on this game.

Good luck with helping SE community reps who have little to no knowledge of the current state of this game. You know more than me. I was kind of impressed to see SE isn't taking their time to read the in-game reports since over a month.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The game has been and always will be what you make of it. I do majority of events with the same people, you just need to find people that play during your time frame that share you ideals/goals. They don't need to share EVERYTHING but as long as there is some common interest and you all are amicable then you get stuff done.

People are out there, you just gotta find them, be proactive and be a leader, not a sheep.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you truly quit then there is no reason to linger around on the forums until you come back again.
    (1)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    I tried to get into XIV, which is why I am back here after making a thread about how the sub model for old games like this is outdated. I have a few accounts around here (I will let you guys figure out who I am, "Hint" in the sig); because I have been playing XI since I was 18. However, not everyone is that committed. Nor is it feasible financially, unless you are a single guy like me.

XIV is easier to get into, and dare I say more solo friendly than XI due to the hand holding and NPC duty finder (The Tank literally carries you). XI is a bit more daunting, unless you are a returning player familiar with the ins and outs. XI's combat system is also much deeper.

XIV's job design is FREAKING TERRIBLE. Everything just feels "Not so Final Fantasy" about that game. It feels more like a South Korean mmo. Even SMN feels off; as a true pet class that is. I don't think I will ever get into XIV, unless they add BST and a Doberman pet from VI. They will probably screw it up like they did SMN so.......yeah....

If you are a Final Fantasy fan, you will gravitate towards XI. If you just want to ride the wave........You will love XIV...and Fortnite.

If you are committed, maybe grab another copy when it is on sale. Or "Gasp" get a merc.....OR, grab some buddies. The latter, I undertand....all my homies quit, so I do engage in double duty sometimes. Finding people to play with is easy. Finding drama is just as easy in an mmo.

If you do come back; maybe get into a social LS. They tend to be more laid back, and open. To Pix point, FF is pretty much the same game from old in terms of the grind.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast