Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Edelfelt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    RMT Driven Economy

Insane requirements to join a typical group (REMA R15 required)

Time gated/Repetitive Endgame content

Time consuming grouping for content

I'm in Asura and I'm convinced FFXI has more Bots/RMT to player ratio than Lost Ark lol.
    (1)

Player
    If you don't like it goto another server.
    (1)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    If you don't like it goto another server.
    Nice of you to offer to pay the fee for them, make sure you get their paypal so you can send them the money.
    (0)

Player
    If you can't afford $12 you shouldn't be playing games in the first place.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    That's cute but doesn't work. If you're going to tell them to spend money, you should be willing to put your money up.

And its $18
    (0)

Player
    I'm giving them an answer to their problem, they can choose to take it or not.

Also it's half that 3-4 times a year.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    That's cute but doesn't work. If you're going to tell them to spend money, you should be willing to put your money up.

And its $18
    As I've said many times before, they should offer free transfers off of the highest population worlds and with relaxed limits on gil etc.

Before you say anything about making money, plenty of people are going to transfer to them or to other servers and they will still make money from it. But the whole entire point of offering this in the first place is to achieve a better population balance such that the most people are having a good experience and thus want to keep playing, which should make them far more money than a server transfer ever could.
    (0)

Player
    3 reasons they should not offer free transfers:

1) The server transfer service is legit broken, and has been for years.

If you order one and login too fast it straight up breaks the process, which means a GM then has to get involved and manually move you (this is a cost in lost man-hours, which is greater than the fee) This would end up costing them a lot of money and cause chaos for the GM team (That cover 11 and 14 btw) Yoshi P would never allow it.

2) people will 10000% abuse it to carpetbag, so if they did it they would have to lock you on the server you moved to for a long time.

3) It's a business that exists to make money, they should never offer you something for free when it doesn't even have a cash shop like wow and 14 does.

If you want something that badly, pay for it. Lots of people have, which is why Bahamut became the 2nd biggest server.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    1) The server transfer service is legit broken, and has been for years.
    Bad reason.

2) people will 10000% abuse it to carpetbag, so if they did it they would have to lock you on the server you moved to for a long time.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means. Besides that, there are already limitations on how often you can server transfer.

3) It's a business that exists to make money, they should never offer you something for free when it doesn't even have a cash shop like wow and 14 does.
    Apples and oranges, cash shops are irrelevant to this. And as I said, only transfers off the highest pop worlds would be free. They'd still be selling plenty of $18 world transfers for people who aren't on the highest pop world(s).

If you want something that badly, pay for it. Lots of people have, which is why Bahamut became the 2nd biggest server.
    Lots of people want something to a certain degree but not enough to pay the pirce they're asking. Incentives help convince people to do those things.

Bahamut became the 2nd biggest server.
    It's still not enough, populations need to be balanced across multiple servers not just one or two. But the fact that you are arguing people are already transferring should just make it clear how bad the problem is. Yes, some people might be moving, but clearly not enough are.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Why I quit 2013 - To play FXIV ARR, the original FFXIV didn't run on my then PC, but I had signed up for beta testing for ARR

Why I came back - I didn't like FFXIV

Why I quit 2021 - After covid lockdowns, working from home, I had run out of content, I didn't want to spam odyssey, wanted something new, new zones, new enemies

Why I came back - 20th anniversary, wanted to check out sortie and stuck around

Why I'm thinking of quiting again - lack of new zones, new content which isn't rehashed old content, lack of investment

Why I'll probably be back - Everyone comes back, you just can't stay quit
    (2)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast