Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you are a veteran of this game like me (since 2006 with having a few years off in the early years; Was 21 & I'm now 39), we no longer have much time for this game anymore. I go on this for a few hours a day doing daily stuff like Sortie, seeing how long it's going to take to reach the heights only a few people have done but it feels things are moving further & further away.

I think the latest updates are actually being tested out by elitists & not thinking of others who have been left behind and there are a lot of us left behind. SE are leaving old content behind that can no longer be done like Vagary. I agree SE needs to produce another way of getting etched memories cheaply in order to get empyrean+1 gear quicker or make Vagary single player for farming them. Was Sortie ever discussed with a variety of players with various skills before deciding to create that battlefield?

Doesn't the message when we log into the game from PlayOnline say "Do not neglect your work, school, family & friends"? Well, that's now been thrown completely out of the window. When we were doing campaign battles all those years ago, the game actually had a balance to it all. Now the game feels like when the elite were all doing old skool Dynamis again, hogging all the slots & not allowing the others to catch up at all. SE needs to take everyone into consideration.

I'm just waiting on Resurgence to reach it's conclusion & I'll decide whether it's worthwhile continuing on with this then. We have plenty of upcoming games to be getting on with, too, like FFXVI & FFVII Part 2, etc.
    (1)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    ^^^Pretty much this x100. Alot of us from early XI are well into our 30s. No more part-time pizza boys and Kroger baggers.

I really don't have high hopes for XVI, because the same mind behind XIV, is behind XVI. Little things drive me nuts about XIV; little nuances such as BLU not being able to do the story, or an actual pet job prevent it from being my favorite FF title.

That is why I stuck with XI for so long, XIV has yet to grasp me so I keep coming back, lol....but I digress.....
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    ^^^Pretty much this x100. Alot of us from early XI are well into our 30s. No more part-time pizza boys and Kroger baggers.
    You are giving waaaaaay too much credit to XI players.
    (0)

Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What I found with this game is a good sense of community & we can actually solo quite a lot of content but unfortunately not for high level stuff. Old content we can do solo but nowadays, it's all about how much time we spend on this now, which is less & less.

The japanese are very good, which I expect they can wipe the basement floors of Sortie with ease. They'll dictate how Resurgence will finish, not thinking about how many people are behind & play this casually. I hope SE does another one of those censuses they done a few years ago to see where the current state of play is.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    You are giving waaaaaay too much credit to XI players.
    Not strictly speaking a bagger anymore, but I've been working in a grocery store since before FFXI and still am now, despite a college degree and various other things...
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Not strictly speaking a bagger anymore, but I've been working in a grocery store since before FFXI and still am now, despite a college degree and various other things...
    I rest my case.

It's another conversation entirely though. Not disparaging either btw, since tone can't be read.
    (0)

Player
    Why are you trying so hard to denigrate people who play FFXI?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    I rest my case.

It's another conversation entirely though. Not disparaging either btw, since tone can't be read.
    I mean, we all do what we gotta do.

I guess I'm really just not sure where you're going with this.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazeridan View Post
    Vagary, delve and dynamis D requiring 3 people to enter. Sortie, everything new is exciting but it quickly became tedious, boring and absolutely hate doing it. Tired of shouts of people or just one person constantly selling an 8 hour session of leveling for 5 million gil on every server just to be sold back to the same people who bought this service for real money. Tired of game day waits for every damn thing and sometimes earth day waits. Long cut scenes of a story I don't care about. Not enough space for anything even with 8 wardrobes not to mention paying for those wardrobes. Almost 30 dollars for a subscription is absurd. Tired of people scamming people on materials needed to upgrade gear. Etched memories being sold for 50k a piece is absurd. No need for people to group cause its far easier to write a script within you gearswap if using windower or your lua using ashita to fully automate your characters to do anything you want. Tired of insane crafting reagents almost unobtainable in this current era such as cashmere cloth. Sick and tired of SE not allowing people to play there game with ridiculous restrictions.
    you are so right the biggest problem in this game is the lack of content, and the stupid Easy farm botts that everyone and their mom uses, because the players are now 90% cheaters, and no one wants to party. ad square releasing stupid new Leveling Process that is even worse than the 75 Era. hell i even played a classic private server and got to 60 in less than a week, fuck the community to be frank thats why we cant have nice things,
    (0)
    Last edited by Kalimairo; 10-23-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    "far easier" if you want to pay for 3-6 accounts, sure. But many of us aren't willing to do that.

But the whole point of an MMORPG is playing with other people. Why is everyone so averse to doing that?
    Because everyone is multiboxing.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast