Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While SE don't share their secret data to public, you can get data from this forum easily. It has been proven from time to time not enough people visit here. EN community of the other game has been more louder than anyone else.
    ??? There's no way to measure what you're talking about. Even doing things like /sea all on your server isn't accurate because that isn't all players on your server. Different people are active at different times, and some times are more favored than others and thus the best you can do is approximate it, but even then it's a very vague pice of data.

The number of people on the forum isn't a very good indicator of game popularity. Not every game even has a forum. Talking about games doesn't make people participants either.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This forum was kind of more active when there's a free login campaign so yes it can give them a permit to post here during that time. Asura got a lot more as well so there a feedback from players who played for free.

It seems more and more people are going to play FFXI for free when there's another login campaign (which is a better choice).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The problem with your argument is there are still plenty of people who play when there's not a free campaign. They just don't come here.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You didn't pay attention when there plenty of threads complaining about the Sortie issues and you made fun of Asura. That's where during the free login campaign. That's not even the first time that happened.

Once the free login campaign ended and people who don't pay forgot to logout this forum get their avatars hidden. That's a machine that is kicking people out.
    (0)

Player
    This forum is not used much because back in the day the mods were highly ban happy (like you have no idea how bad they used to be), and many people thought being banned on the forum was linked to your ingame account due to how they worded it and forced linking.

In reality a forum ban does not have any impact on your game account at all, and also the moderators don't ban here much anymore.

The original reason they were so ban happy I think, was because they were mad they were asked to moderate a forum ontop of all their other work they had to do in the game moderation. They changed how they operate years back.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You didn't pay attention when there plenty of threads complaining about the Sortie issues and you made fun of Asura.
    I'm not (usually) making fun of Asura I'm merely stating facts about it. i.e. it's overcrowded (fact) and other servers would benefit from them transferring to them (also fact) and that being ovecrowded means more lag, longer wait times, more bots, etc (also facts). The asura topic has been going on for some time, it doesn't have anything to do with free campaign users.

Nobody gets their avatar hidden. Neither your posts, avatar or anything else about you is hidden when you aren't logged in on the forum. Where are you getting these ideas? This isn't specific to free players, subscribed users who cancel also can't log in once they get logged out just the same as those free users.

I'm not sure what your point is, this topic isn't about any of this stuff. Why are you bringing other topcis into here?

As far as banning poeple, they are just as "ban happy" as they've always been, they just aren't checking this forum as routinely as they have their hands full with the XIV forum, where blinking the wrong way can get you banned. But the primary reason they're so strict in any case is that the forums are public-facing. You don't have to be a player, active or otherwise, to view them, and on top of that, they don't mind banning people because it doesn't affect their ability to play the game they're paying money for. So it's in their best interest to keep the forums as clean as possible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-11-2022 at 04:34 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm not sure what your point is, this topic isn't about any of this stuff. Why are you bringing other topcis into here?
    People are free to say what they want after all this topic is insignificant. You likely forever keep derailing almost every thread into a flame war like you are bored and have nothing else better to do with your time.

If in-game rules don't matter, forum rules don't matter.
    (0)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    People are free to say what they want after all this topic is insignificant. You likely forever keep derailing almost every thread into a flame war like you are bored and have nothing else better to do with your time.

If in-game rules don't matter, forum rules don't matter.
    Children children, don’t make me get the water bottle
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    People are free to say what they want after all this topic is insignificant.
    You continue to imply things that aren't true. No one said you couldn't say what you want. I'm just pointing out the fact that your comments aren't relevant to the topic, with the expectation that you would hopefully counter with why I should see them as relevant.

You likely forever keep derailing almost every thread into a flame war
    If anyone derailed this thread it's you, but don't let me stop you from making a fool of yourself. After all, you can say what you want!

None of your posts in this thread have really made much sense, but I'm totally all for your right to post things that don't make sense.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-12-2022 at 12:52 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

What a great depression. I wrote a code to keep him off my screen. As many of you felt the same way, I was tired of arguments since I speak multiple languages... Personal attacks, criticisms and propaganda are never okay. Arguments will never win and only cause people to lose interest in playing the game. THOUGH I don't have many days left here and probably will only play the game for free from now until SE start investing money in something big which I highly doubt they will.

I'd prefer truth over facts. I do encourage people to stop coming back to the game if they are not happy and have never been.

As for XI being a profitable mmorpg, the entire communities are completely divided. Yes, I made a fool of myself for advertising this game to FFXI vets who quit years back. Only few came back and played for a month. Now I am stuck with them in the XIV world. This is from my experience and nothing more.

Zehira is Zehira. I usually don't bother posting on many threads like that guy does. For solid discussions, I'd recommend going to FFXIAH. Plenty of information there.

It's sad to know any private server's communities can pretty much more healthier than retail itself.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast