Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your monthly dose of FFXI information.

The team was originally a little worried whether you all would be able to tackle the objectives within Sortie without any hints, but it seems those fears were unfounded. I must admit that I was impressed with the speed with which some of you managed to figure out all the tricks!

Let’s get right into September, shall we?

This month we’re bringing you the second entry in Chapter 9 of The Voracious Resurgence. Those of you who love Adoulin will be thrilled to know that we’ll be going into somewhere in the city that has previously been off-limits to players (woo-hoo!”) Additionally, proceeding with the scenario will enable players to embark on their journey to craft the Prime Weapons. These armaments not only play a vital role in the storyline, but will eventually be able to be powered up further, so keep that in mind!

Additionally, we are placing new Locus monsters in King Ranperre’s Tomb for all your exemplar point needs. These monsters are quite active, so proper pulling techniques might be a little more valuable than normal. These creatures differ slightly from those in Tandjana, so hopefully you’ll find one camp or the other more suited to your style.

Additionally, we have made a couple adjustments to Crawler’s Next [S]. We know that some players enjoy the strategy of having one party gather up all the monsters and nuke them down, but at present it is possible to have the entire stomping grounds be monopolized by one party, which can have an adverse effect on other players. Therefore, we have changed the camp a little bit so that there are both Apex and Locus monsters in the vicinity. Additionally, we have increased the exemplar point rewards from Locus monsters, as players have found them a bit tougher to tackle than their Apex brethren.

Finally, while we are pleased to see so many of you enjoying Sortie, we are keeping a close eye on the congestion issues that many of you have been running into. We have made some behind-the-scenes changes to ensure that excess instances areas are not generated, which we hope will alleviate this issue somewhat. We are keeping our eye on this issue, and will consider making further changes if the situation warrants it.

I would also like to apologize for the issue in which some players would have their sapphires and gallimaufry vanish into the aether. We are planning to give compensation to those who have been affected by this problem, and will provide further information when the version update notes are released in a few days. Please refer to them when the time comes.

Tokyo has been a bit cooler than usual the past few days, and I’m crossing my fingers that fall will soon be upon us. Of course, when I think of fall, I think of the Blazing Buffaloes event, which this year has a neat new reward associated with it! There’s also a new beef-related food item coming in September as well!

Until next time, see you in Vana’diel!

Missions and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
September Records of Eminence・Update monthly objectives -
SeptemberThe Voracious Resurgence・Add new quests -

Content and System-related
SeptemberAmbuscade・Replace notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
SeptemberTitles・Add new titles -

Battle-related
SeptemberAreas・Adjust amount of experience earned from defeating certain monsters
・Adjust monster spawn locations in certain areas
・Remove level difference penalty from certain areas
-

Item-related
Implementation Timing Update Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
September Synergy Recipes・Add new recipes-
September Synthesis Recipes・Add new recipes-
September Items・Add new items-
September Porter Moogle・Add new porter slip
・Add to list of supported items
-