Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Yoshi stated XI was given to him to run in a vana interview.

They forced us to move to the payment system XIV made. When I play XIV, I used the crysta I bought for XI to pay for a month there. nobody can use it to pay for DQ11.

They stopped counting any profits XI makes on investor statements, DQ11 is still counted.

Many infrastructure staff from XIV work on XI including gms and server staff, not anything else in BD3. This would never happen unless profits from XI goto XIV to pay their wages and so they are allowed to do that.

They are one and the same, XIV is the flagship MMO and XI is run as part of that product.

You're wrong, I don't even need to go beyond the fact that XI has not been counted on any financial report for many years when much smaller games are. That alone tells you the story because on a financial report they have to tell investors how much money any of the products they spend money on is making, UNLESS its operations have been merged with another product.

Merging XI into XIV operations was a massive success, not only because it allowed the XIV developers to save a ton of money re-using assets but also because they get the profits and player numbers tacked onto their game for any financial reports. Both games profit from this situation.

A reason all of this is good is becasue XIV players don't see XI as competition anymore, they are one and the same.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-04-2022 at 12:00 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yoshi stated XI was given to him to run in a vana interview.

They forced us to move to the payment system XIV made. When I play XIV, I used the crysta I bought for XI to pay for a month there. nobody can use it to pay for DQ11.
    Irrelevant points that demonstrate nothing

They stopped counting any profits XI makes on investor statements, DQ11 is still counted.
    citation needed

money re-using assets
    This was happening before any alleged merging took place

get the profits and player numbers tacked onto their game for any financial reports. Both games profit from this situation.
    We've been through this before, FFXI's player counts (especially that of actual humans) are insignificant against the other's.

A reason all of this is good is becasue XIV players don't see XI as competition anymore, they are one and the same.
    There isn't a soul playing FFXIV who even knows about any of what you're alleging.

citation needed
    (0)

Player
    You just argue for the sake of arguing and Yoshi P could slap you across the face and shout it in your ear and you would still argue against it. Hiromichi gave FFXI to Yoshi when he left and yoshi said this in the vana interview, that was a long time ago. That's how long ago XI was merged into XIV operations. When we had to upgrade our pol accounts to square enix accounts.

Check any investor presentation pdf for the past 6 years+ and you'll notice XI isn't listed or mentioned at all, when DQ is and it much smaller and jp only. You can't just leave a product off an investment report, you know this but you won't accept it because you won't admit you were wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-04-2022 at 05:58 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You just argue for the sake of arguing
    No, I participate in a topic because I have a vested interest in it. It only becomes an argument when people like you make false statements that I have to call you out on.

Don't tell me to go check things. If you present something as fact, it's your job to prove that it's a fact by citing the source for your information when called out on it. It's not my responsibility to prove your statements. If you can't or won't link a specific source containing specific information, the assumption from me will be that it doesn't exist.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-04-2022 at 11:07 AM.

Player
    You think you're ted cruz and this is a debating competition, you know full well what I'm saying it correct but you'll just spout nonsense to never change your position. I've laid out all the reasons, you countered none of them and just spouted reddit memes.

XI operations were merged with XIV operations when Tanaka left the company.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You think you're ted cruz
    Oh don't start this kind of (*#&$^(#$. Personal attacks are not a valid argument.

I'm going to preface this sentence with a fact: You're the one here who decided to needlessly inject politics into this conversation. I don't like Ted Cruz, I am not like him nor do I think I'm him, I'm a moderate who believes different situations call for different solutions and don't lock myself into any one ideology. I'll be curious to see how you decide to weaponize this statement. But know that continuing down this road will only result in post reports.

you know full well what I'm saying it correct
    I don't full well know that, because it isn't correct, and I wouldn't be arguing against it if I thought it was. ??????????????????????

XI operations were merged with XIV operations when Tanaka left the company.
    Their operations were never actively merged, they were "merged," since before ether's existence. They're both owned by SE, thus their operations have always been owned and controlled by the same entity. It has nothing to do with Tanaka, it has everything to do with the Creative Business Unit III which both projects are under the custody of.

I'm not really sure why you keep trying to make these meaningless distinctions. It doesn't prove anything and there is no purpose behind such an argument. You also still haven't cited your sources. Given your well known reputation for hating on FFXIV, I can't simply take you at your word, you need to back up your claims, as you lack credibility.

See the thing is, you keep saying this stuff, without basis and refusing to prove it. But why are you even saying it at all? What's the point in telling us how the dollars made by SE's projects are internally counted? it has no meaning or bearing on anything.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-05-2022 at 08:54 AM.

Player
    Nothing you said countered anything I said, it's blatantly obvious that XI was merged into XIV operations in a way DQ11 was not. I've listed many indicators that blatantly show that to be the case, including yoshi p saying tanaka asked him to take it over himself. The reason this is good for Square is because they can get what they always wanted from us ff11 players, we effectively moved to ff14 without moving. They never mention ff11 anymore at all in any way, because we no longer exist as a separate entity where dq11 as a jp only online game does. They merged 11 into 14.

Originally I was kind of mad about this, however there are positives to this as well as negatives. The main positives are that all the infrastructure staff don't have to be duplicated, so costs are lowered significantly, also ff11 is going to be kept alive for a long time because it's part of 14 and they won't ever want to lose it as an asset, another is that ff14 players are going to be far more accepting of a game that is a effectively just part of their game and that benefits them and theirs. If 1 million people started playing ff11 tomorrow for instance, ff14 would get 1million new players to brag about and all the revenue. There would be no announcement at 1 million people extra playing ff11, because as a seperate entity it does not exist.

The thing to remember about business and the reason ff11 is a very profitable asset to ff14 is not because of its size (although it's a popular game compared to the rest of the market with 50-60k players all paying to play), as shown by financial reports before the game was merged into ff14. Success is not how much money you make or how many players you have, success is how much profit you make. It does not matter if you have way more players and make way more money if your dev costs are significantly higher (they are on 14), this is why only recently (keep in mind the profits 11 makes has not been counted for many years and so if the numbers had been continually updated 14 still may be behind 11) 14 overtook 11 as their most profitable game ever. Even though it never had millions of players.

Here is what you can do, since I've listed a ton. You tell me what makes you think they are separate entities at square enix. Tell me what convinces you that 11 is its own unique entity with complete autonomy as dq11 has. The developers have even stated they need to put in requests from the ff14 team when they have spare time to make things for 11, including textures and programming help lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-05-2022 at 07:21 PM.

Player
    Oh don't start this kind of (*#&$^(#$. Personal attacks are not a valid argument.

I'm going to preface this sentence with a fact: You're the one here who decided to needlessly inject politics into this conversation. I don't like Ted Cruz, I am not like him nor do I think I'm him, I'm a moderate who believes different situations call for different solutions and don't lock myself into any one ideology. I'll be curious to see how you decide to weaponize this statement. But know that continuing down this road will only result in post reports.
    Fixed your post for you.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You both are acting incredibly immature over such an inane subject.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    You both are acting incredibly immature over such an inane subject.
    I don't think it's immature to ask for people not to use personal attacks as a part of their argument or to cite their sources. But since he's shown he's not willing to do either of those things, I've bit the bullet and blocked them.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast