Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Add a super rare cosmetic armor drop to Sortie.

The super rare Tartarus Platemail from Vagary made it relevant for years with hardcore players, it made people make groups to get others clears to try get that platemail. People with this armor showed it off as a prestige armor when they got it.

You want people to make groups to invite randoms so they can try get the rare drop.

People will complain about the .01% drop rate, but they will complain while still playing the game.

Hardcore players need a hardcore goal, XI needs another hardcore goal again.

Add a reskinned Tartarus Platemail with reskinned wings, or see the hardcore players lose interest.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-01-2022 at 12:44 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What if players just bot it?!

Don't "hardcore" players have enough work cut out for them with the earring system?
    (2)

Player
    Game needs uber rare drops back again.

I lived and breathed HNM for 3-4 years back in the day purely to get a dalmy (at a point I had very little else I had worth doing), others I know practically (or did) quit when they finally got their tart mail.

If they added, for example a +1 set of lillith gear with a few extra stats and a white box lots of hardcore players would be all in on that sht for as long as it took to get the full set.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Game needs uber rare drops back again.

I lived and breathed HNM for 3-4 years back in the day purely to get a dalmy (at a point I had very little else I had worth doing), others I know practically (or did) quit when they finally got their tart mail.

If they added, for example a +1 set of lillith gear with a few extra stats and a white box lots of hardcore players would be all in on that sht for as long as it took to get the full set.
    I don't feel "über" rare drops add to the value of the game.
    (4)

Player
    That's you though, you know full well many do.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    That's you though, you know full well many do.
    Yeah, but it's okay to be wrong.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    FFXI has enough dependence on RNG as it is, I really don't care to see more "super rare" drops that everyone else will get but I never see in my lifetime. I can spend just as much time grinding master levels or whatever else and be actually making progress, im not going to waste the same amount of time on a 0.001% drop for a vanity item.

If you want to waste your life repeating the same battle a million times just for a trophy that tells everyone you did so, power to you I guess. But I don't think that's something many of us are looking for (or can't already get through existing means)
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-01-2022 at 04:21 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela
    Add a reskinned Tartarus Platemail with reskinned wings, or see the hardcore players lose interest.
    Please don't act as if you represent everyone around you. Or have you already ML40'd every job and gotten all of every job's relic empyrean and AF 119 +3?
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Just remove the [Ex] tag from the ??? Earring /+1/+2's.
    The event will become evergreen since +2's & the possibly added +3 ears will endlessly bring in gil for the hardcore players.

also, please don't add a super rare drop. I agree this event has too much hard RNG already.
    (1)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well, they could add a super rare drop, then in three months add it to Trove, with a higher chance of getting it

Is Sortie even completed content yet? I haven't kept up to date with the plans, but are they planning updates to it, for +3 empy gear, or will that be seperate content?
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast