Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Many serious XI players are goal orientated, when there are no goals they have no reason to play anymore.
    Maybe you haven't been reading, but I'm all about goals. But goals that you can gradually make progress on. Not coin tosses with 1000 to 1 odds.

And I'm confident that applies to most of the people you think you're representing. Goals you can work towards = good. Trying to hit 7s on a slot machine = bad.
    (1)

Player
    XI has a larger percentage of super grinders than any other game, these people need to be catered to and it's not hard to do so.

These people can play 5-8 hours a day, 7 day a week. They have capped all jobs, capped all jobs to master, have 20-30 REMA, have every BIS and are currently demoilishing Mlevel on every job like machines. Once they cap Mlev they will be outraged and say XI sucks becasue they have nothing to do. Back in the day these people were kept going with King drops with low drop rates, roadblocks on content (only enter once every so often) etc The game needs super rare things such as +1 drops with slightly better stats, rare cosmetics or something.

Adding super rare drops works in this kind of game, it keeps them invested in a way a grind never will. These people are like the Terminator, monotony has zero meaning, I used to be like this and so I know.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Stop making excuses for your personal pursuit of vanity.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    XI has a larger percentage of super grinders than any other game,
    I agree! Which is why grindy, attainable goals serve the playerbase far better than buying powerball tik- i mean adding 0.001% drop rate items.

I mean, it's amazing how much you support my own arguments with your demands for a bad idea.
    (0)

Player
    I'm mainly talking about long term goals for really hardcore players, that will burn through grinds.

I'm not talking about gear everyone will want, I'm talking abotu gear a minority of serious players will chase.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 12-01-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm mainly talking about long term goals for really hardcore players, that will burn through grinds.
    Again, so am I. Rare item drops are not long term goals, they're potentially immediate or potentially never goals. People hate unnecessary RNG. Even the most hardcore players don't like RNG.

I'm not talking about gear everyone will want, I'm talking abotu gear a minority of serious players will chase.
    You're contradicting yourself.

I've been playing the game as long as anyone else here, I've been in HNM shells and camped the big three for literally years (and never for my own benefit). The vast majority of players, even the most serious ones, do not get excited over the idea of super rare drops, nor is it a motivator for them to keep playing. Content and goals are what keep people playing. And goals you can make progress towards are far more complelling for any player than things that are entirely based on luck.

We don't need these things, and I haven't yet seen anyone besides you ask for them.
    (1)

Player
    Tartarus_Platemail kept Vagary relevant long after it should of died.

Tartarus_Platemail kept people making Vagary alliances long after they had the main gear upgrades.

Tartarus_Platemail kept people playing long after they capped everything else they wanted.

Tartarus_Platemail as well as Omen bodies are why people buy hundreds of millions worth of orbs for AMAN trove.

I know people who literally quit after they got the Tartarus_Platemail they had been trying to get for years previously.

I'm aware nobody likes RNG, the point I'm making is that extreme rare items keep people engaged when nothing else would.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Vagary was and is relevant for far more than that.

Tartarus_Platemail kept people making Vagary alliances long after they had the main gear upgrades.
    It may shock you to learn that the game doesn't really run out of people who need those upgrades. I don't know *anyone* who is making alliances just for Tartarus Platemail. Not to mention demand for this content increased after the release of Empyrean +2/+3

Tartarus_Platemail kept people playing long after they capped everything else they wanted.
    Or maybe it's all the other content in the game that has existed already and that which has come out since.
    Tartarus_Platemail kept people playing long after they capped everything else they wanted

Tartarus_Platemail as well as Omen bodies are why people buy hundreds of millions worth of orbs for AMAN trove..
    AMAN trove barely qualifies as content, it's just a rare item roulette. While people do do it largely because it has rare items, it really is not something that keeps people playing, as it has no substance., and outside of the current campaign, you can only do it every so often. That being said, there's plenty enough rare items from this one content to keep the ten people who want rare things just because they're rare things happy- especially since they can just keep trying for them to sell them for gil.

There are items I want from Trove because they are useful. But I promise you, if I was thinking about cancelling, AMAN trove would definitely not keep me playing. And I don't do it as often as possible because realistically, I'm just not going to get them without buying them and most of what isn't the equipment drops are just literal trash that I can't even vendor to an NPC.

SE should be investing whatever development time they have on content that most people want. Not what a few bored people I can count on my hands who love slot machines want.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-02-2022 at 02:49 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post

Tartarus_Platemail as well as Omen bodies are why people buy hundreds of millions worth of orbs for AMAN trove.

I know people who literally quit after they got the Tartarus_Platemail they had been trying to get for years previously.

I'm aware nobody likes RNG, the point I'm making is that extreme rare items keep people engaged when nothing else would.
    False. Vagary is relevant because of empyrean +1/2/3 and gil. The body has likely no meaningful impact on that.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    False. Vagary is relevant because of empyrean +1/2/3 and gil. The body has likely no meaningful impact on that.
    Why would people who make alliances make them after 5 clears to be able to upgrade af3? Before it was added to a drop to AMAN people would make groups and take randoms into vagary purely so they could get the body. They did it over and over and over again, a lot of the people on Asura with Vagary clears (they have to buy them now) got their clears thanks to this body.

AMAN trover buyers, usually are buying them to get this body, Omen bodies and Shin rare drops.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast