Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    I saw a post from a long time player not too long ago, that finally got his tart mail. He quit a month later. A goal is a reason to keep going, a lack of a goal is a reason to stop.

A HNM ls friend camped every king every day for years, the moment he got his heca legs from nid he started missing camps and within a few months he was gone. Then a few months later he came back on a totally new character, with a clean slate of goals to work on.

I've been in shells with people who are really driven, play a lot and need goals and I've seen them get their long lusted after drop and quit soon after.

These things aren't in the game for the majority of players, these things are added to keep the achievers and hardcore players chugging along. These people need a goal and becasue they are hardcore they eat up every goal you put in-front of them, you need an ultra rare drop to keep them engaged.

If you don't do it, they will quit.

Again, it is fine if it's a cosmetic item but it needs to be rare and look good.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-01-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Player
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-01-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Player
    If they added this to Lillith VD as a rare drop, and you're telling me all the serious players would not spam it you're full of it.

This isn't about lillith but the point remains, this game is built on this stuff. From ultra rare +1 crafted items worth hundreds of millions, king gear, vagary rare drops, master trial glow weapons etc. Add more.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-01-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Pixela, your desire for style over substance is your burden to bear. They regularly add cosmetic items to the game already.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    Well, they could add a super rare drop, then in three months add it to Trove, with a higher chance of getting it

Is Sortie even completed content yet? I haven't kept up to date with the plans, but are they planning updates to it, for +3 empy gear, or will that be seperate content?
    I remember reading +3 will come from something different.

What bugs me is they also said this content would take place in a new area but it's ra'kaznar U, which definitely already exists.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Isn't there already super rare drops in sortie? The max stat earring +2s. Since these are only from old case +1, and only a chance to get them AND you need the luck to be the job you want AND max stats. That is Luck upon Luck upon Luck so I see no need to add any other such item to sortie.
    (2)

Character
    Wolfee
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I've never done any end game but I got 2 Tartarus Plates from trove. What do I get?
    (0)

Character
    Wolfee
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    How about content for people with lives that isn't behind a super low drop rate and ideally something you can do without a party. That would be nice, thanks (and no, I don't want it in Trove).
    (0)

Character
    Cherrywine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'd consider the Shinryu HTBF proof that having "rare" gear doesn't increase participation in something or its desirability. The community has rightfully turned its back on that disaster of loot distribution.
    HNM times are dead. Most of us have families/careers/responsibilities that compete with our playtime. Nothing should roll out with microscopic drop rates. If content must be gated, do so like DDyna, where we can only enter it a few times a week. This way, when we do go, it is enjoyable and not a waste of time.
    It is when the game feels like a waste of time that people start to quit.
    (1)

Character
    Wolfee
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm a huge proponent of giving a tiny chance to just plain drop something great but then also give a system where a player can see steady measurable progress. No one should be at the mercy of a sub 5% drop rate (and honestly sub 10% if that is the only way to get something is pushing it as far as I am concerned). On the other end if you require a player to get something by storing up points or tokens or whatever and therefore the player knows what they are getting into, even if it's something that will take weeks or even a few months to get... that's fine.

If you want to make purely cosmetic stuff super rare lottery drop I guess I could care less, because I don't care about cosmetics. For players who do though I'd let them chime in on how they feel about that.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast