Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Yeah, but don't you want to make yourself feel better about short term crowding
    I think the 5+years of complaints about overcrowding is a little past "short term"

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Server populations. Balance them, SE.
    If people keep asking them to balance populations, they're going to do forced server merges.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    my entry into sortie has nearly always been instant (and yes, I see people coming and going, even here on Shiva, it's seeing plenty of activity. It's just not overloaded.)

Server populations. Balance them, SE.
    They can't just kick everyone off to a random server. It's not happening. This is squarely the Devs fault for how they set up the event. They knew how the burden would look after ambuscade, Omen, and Odyssey. It's no one's fault but theirs.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    They can't just kick everyone off to a random server. It's not happening. This is squarely the Devs fault for how they set up the event. They knew how the burden would look after ambuscade, Omen, and Odyssey. It's no one's fault but theirs.
    But there might not be a technically viable solution. What do you suggest? The solutions I can see are:

1) Increase the number of available instances for all servers, which would leave a big surplus of instances on every server other than Asura.
    2) Increase the number of available instances for Asura only.
    3) Require a minimum number of players to enter.

#1 and #2 might be possible or might not. I think it's arrogant for us to make the assumption that it is definitely easy to do. #3 will just screw people on other servers simply because Asurans chose to go where a problem exists.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    But there might not be a technically viable solution. What do you suggest? The solutions I can see are:

1) Increase the number of available instances for all servers, which would leave a big surplus of instances on every server other than Asura.
    2) Increase the number of available instances for Asura only.
    3) Require a minimum number of players to enter.

#1 and #2 might be possible or might not. I think it's arrogant for us to make the assumption that it is definitely easy to do. #3 will just screw people on other servers simply because Asurans chose to go where a problem exists.
    Even if there wasn't a viable technical solution behind the scenes. It means that you adjust the requirements in game. Increase points and add a longer cool down, make the minimum requirement 3. Etc. If the game can't meet the backend requirements of a single player one then they have to take it into consideration.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They can't just kick everyone off to a random server. It's not happening.
    It has happened before.

Regardless, if they handled this properly like FFXIV does, by offering free transfers off higher pop servers to help balance populations, they wouldn't need to punish people on lower pop servers for problems that only exist on higher pop servers.

This is all aside from the fact that I really don't see how disabling the auto transport feature does much of anything to solve congestion.

They have never done this for Ambuscade, or Omen, which has the same duration. I don't know why this "solution" is necessary for Sortie when it hasn't been needed for any other popular battle content.

If people keep asking them to balance populations, they're going to do forced server merges.
    Whatever it takes. While it might have sounded like a good idea back then, it was clearly a mistake to ditch the world pass system. That system specifically existed to keep server populations balanced.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-22-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    This is all aside from the fact that I really don't see how disabling the auto transport feature does much of anything to solve congestion.
    Only thing I can really think of, is that they noticed AFK people often getting in and not doing anything, and they hope that cutting those out will help a little...

It took quite a while to get in the times I tried on Fenrir, but it was pretty fresh still. Not sure about the now (depends on the time of day a bunch of course too).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3