Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    He can't it's his "job"
    There is likely a need for professional assistance if they formed their identity around being a metaphorical disgruntled woodpecker.

If I didn't enjoy this game. I would move on. Dwelling isn't healthy. There is a difference between pushing for change and raging at an empty chair.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    So quit for about 2 year, good plan
    maybe 2 days to 2 weeks. Remember shinryu?
    (0)

And it was worth the wait.

I await the +3 content, but this will do nicely for the time being. I just hope they don't make +3 require an 18 member Alliance, because getting a group of even six players on Quetzalcoatl can be troublesome.

Of course if it does need 7-18 players, its not impossible here, just difficult.
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So, since we've got a thread here to complain about Sortie, can we just take a minute to talk about those job specific earrings? I swear they're specifically going out of their way to drop jobs that aren't useful to the character. I hope we get some way to exchange them in the near future, and that it's not at a completely ridiculous ratio like 10:1. Three earrings for an Old Case wouldn't be too bad, it'd still be a gamble but at least it would give a chance to find a use for the off-job drops.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    So, since we've got a thread here to complain about Sortie, can we just take a minute to talk about those job specific earrings? I swear they're specifically going out of their way to drop jobs that aren't useful to the character. I hope we get some way to exchange them in the near future, and that it's not at a completely ridiculous ratio like 10:1. Three earrings for an Old Case wouldn't be too bad, it'd still be a gamble but at least it would give a chance to find a use for the off-job drops.
    Its a way to encourage players to continue the content since they can't just get one earring and be done with it. Which is fine since players have multiple jobs anyway and the augments are a set narrow range rather than Oseem levels of random.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Venat View Post
    Content is just bad. It reuses the same layout as Outter Raz map just with gates being added. Which was the case with Odyessy using the same zone data for Walk of Echos. You can at least hire some damn modelers & texturers square.

Mechanics are just recycled Vagery enemies. No new enemies or remixes like with Abyssea.
    Soundtrack is very good but doesnt suit for dark hallways.
    Content is always static. Each run ending up being exactly the same entry, enemies, spawn locations.
    Content only suited for setups that can AoE and pull large amounts of enemies. You're wasting your time doing it solo.
    Content is too damn long. I personally finding it hard to spend time shouting for people and then finding a hour to run the content. Give us 2 keyitems on a 8 hour recharge each and limit the run to 30mins.
    Entry point and vendor/keyitem isn't in the same spot. Just more teleporting hassle. Also entry isn't in town so /yells can't be seen. Move it all to western adoulin.
    Lack of optional rewards, alternate gear and loot.
    Lack of Instances it seems to combat que times. If you continue Ambucade and start adding more of this content you're gonna need to add another set of instances to combat times on some of these larger player servers.
    Cases are completely pointless. Just make the ??? earring drop from the NM/chest and just let party members lot on the earring if they play that job. Instead of giving players a earring to a job they dont play.

I would of rather seen a brand new location for the most part tied behind the latest missions.
    Some of the Empyrean+2 gear is good but some pieces need to be redone. Introduction to new stats like Fencer II+1 over stuff like Fence+3.
    The idea that this is AoE only is nonsense. Focusing on objectives and clearing as many as possible is a perfectly viable, if not preferable, way to do this as you'll have more chances at Sapphires and Old Cases. My absolute best run (all NMs cleared; 14k+ gallimaufry) was on a run with primarily undergeared alts and it was amazing. Part of the success is we were focusing on getting a friend all of the temp. items as it was their first entry. What we lacked in gear/AoE we made up for in knowledge and it made a massive difference.

Personally, I am enjoying Sortie a great deal. The unknown objectives and the journey to figure them out has been a blast. And there are still mechanics on the bosses that we don't know. And even though the earrings are annoying, if they were easy they wouldn't be as exciting.
    (0)
    Last edited by Velner; 08-23-2022 at 03:24 AM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm really enjoying the event. Having fun trying to figure out unknown objectives, narrowing down the ones we know we're getting close to exact parameters.
    Kind of sad they didn't add the event back when SE first made it over 5 years ago (during Adoulin's hayday) with epic gear rewards instead. I see why they didn't back then since it's so buggy.
    Guess it's for the best though since re-spec'ing the event for current iLvl allowed them to put this out while working on w/e they're doing for tVR.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2