Character
    Turialon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

FFXI PALADIN insufficient Enmity

Dear Square Enix,

I am realyzed a massive missing of the Paladin-Enmity acumulation when i use the JA from this Job, to regain hate via Enmity. I raised a PLD during the last Months, and did come to this massive problem, becorse i use only FFXi macros and the Gear for this JOB. I Play FFXI since ever without Windower or any other third person softweare, what could ajust the Enmity trouble. I'd like to ask SE to give the FFXI Paladin a massive Enmity update, be it to the Job him salve ot to increase the Enmity-acumulation from the job's Jobabilitys.

With friendly regards
    - Your Turialon-
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    PLD holds enmity fine. The issue is more likely your understanding of how enmity functions or how best to gain and maintain it.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This isn't FFXIV, you can't just activate a tank stance and always hold hate. It's never going to be that easy.
    (0)

Player
    I haven't played tank for a while but on stuff like unity it was perma broken due to how they leveled up those monsters, I don't know if it's still the same.
    (0)

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyVargrant View Post
    What is your gear set up so far? I recently have been playing pld and hit 99 a week ago. Burning through ambuscade normal and very easy solo getting the amount I need for +2 sulevia gear. I upgraded my unity shield to a priwen with plutons. Im barely 50 job points in and havent seen an issue with holding hate. Only time hate becomes a problem is a decked out set of dps lol. But otherwise holding aggro hasnt been that difficult with reprisal and the upgrades on priwen with reprisal active

What's the scenario when youre seeing the enmity drop off?
    Are you with trusts? Players?
    Are the players more decked out than you?
    Where's the issue exactly?
    (0)
    Last edited by Elkanah; 08-21-2022 at 03:33 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I dont want to be mean... but please do a simple google search before you demand the DEV change anything. PLD is in a way better position than ever...
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    SkyVagrant:

I am unsure why you mentioned you don't use third party tools. . . FFXI has an ingame function to swap gear. To hold hate effectively on any tank, you will need to be swapping into a gearset with substantial enmity+ to have a chance at holding hate against even half-decent Damage Dealers at this point. And you'll want to swap into an Enmity+ set for basically every JA you use and for any enemy-based spells you cast. PLD has it easy with Enmity generation and retention, especially with an R15 Burtgang. But if you don't use Enmity+ gear, you will have a very hard time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Velner; 08-25-2022 at 01:57 AM.