Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Vagary (alternative battlefields) are too difficult.

The single fight vagary bosses are too difficult for the intended audience (solo players in average gear).

These battlefields drop nothing, they are there purely for 119 Af3 upgrades.

They are not extremely hard for geared players but they are hard for players trying to unlock af3 119 in below average gear (especially the later ones). Getting help for these is near impossible, since they need buyable items to enter and they get nothing at all from it.

This was added as a way for solo players to unlock +119 af3, it is not fit for purpose.

You need to make these fights easier, especially since you just added Sortie.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The single fight vagary bosses are too difficult for the intended audience (solo players in average gear).

These battlefields drop nothing, they are there purely for 119 Af3 upgrades.

They are not extremely hard for geared players but they are hard for players trying to unlock af3 119 in below average gear (especially the later ones). Getting help for these is near impossible, since they need buyable items to enter and they get nothing at all from it.

This was added as a way for solo players to unlock +119 af3, it is not fit for purpose.

You need to make these fights easier, especially since you just added Sortie.
    They are far from too hard, lol.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    They are far from too hard, lol.
    I wouldn't say too hard, but job-restrictive. If you already have the gear for your jobs, you have a lot more flexibility than if you're the people who need these rewards for the jobs they play.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I wouldn't say too hard, but job-restrictive. If you already have the gear for your jobs, you have a lot more flexibility than if you're the people who need these rewards for the jobs they play.
    They weren't created to be solo events. So there is nothing job-restrictive about it. Entering solo is a courtesy and so was the creation of these fights for easier unlocking.

Players unable to properly plan for how to encounter these old bosses will need to figure out how they are going so wrong and/or team up. These fights are considerably easier than when they were released over seven years ago. Body and legs unlock specifically have mechanics which will punish players who choose to ignore them or fail to mitigate them.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Imagine a gamer asking for a game to be easier in 2022... yikes
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They weren't created to be solo events. So there is nothing job-restrictive about it. Entering solo is a courtesy and so was the creation of these fights for easier unlocking.
    Yeah, but nobody does vagary unless there's a campaign for it. So you kinda have to low man it if you need something *now*. And that means you can't just take whatever jobs you want.
    (0)

Player
    Had to ask better geared players to help clearing these as well. Just last night doing unlock for legs, had to ask, having gotten incident where my game suddenly DC-ed right after entering & when relogged back, immediately ejected me from fight & entry KI got used. And glad I did, coz NM ends up butchering healer & caster trust, leaving me struggle healing as RUN on my helper, managed to win it barely with few HP left.

It is ironic how the alternate content seemed to be made for solo, yet only those geared much better than the unlocks worth who the only one that can actually solo them. Then again... they are for end game gearing & majority are supposed to be not that easy to unlock, hence can't really judge.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah... Plouton is... fun. >.>

Been a while since I fought any of them, and I definitely forgot about the mechanics on that one. I guess I got it down below half health pretty fast, but will need to try again to see if I can get around the elements as a samurai...

It does hit pretty hard still, ~600 with regular hits on a samurai without anything too special on (Artifact +3/+2/Ambuscade +2 gear with an almost completely upgraded Kogarasumaru), so it doesn't seem like it's just a walk in the park for any job just using trust magic. A tank that actually moves /away/ from the party should definitely be great here. :V

I do agree though, that they probably could be more simple-like, considering what the reward is, but I'm not necessarily saying they should be too easy to solo with only alter egos in the party.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    It's one thing for the difficulty of these battlefields to not be addressed under normal conditions for years, but if you just added a new battlefield to make the next stage and most new players still can't get to af3 119 maybe check in on that. The level of these monsters need to be lowered, Vagary is fine but the single battlefield versions are not.

I've helped a few people with these fights and to me they aren't that bad because of how much progression i have but these players tell me how they tried to beat it 10+ times and failed every time and when we are fighting they get one shot over and over, it's stupid.

Lower the bosses levels down.

Even the easier one can drain a trusts mp pool at around the 30-40% mark due to poison and then you're done, cause once a players trusts mp is gone they are dead. The others either hit really hard or do massive aoe damages.

oh and they don't have hp bars if i remember correctly, which is another stupid idea on content aimed at the kind of players that need clears to upgrade gear.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 08-18-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    but if you just added a new battlefield to make the next stage and most new players still can't get to af3 119 maybe check in on that.
    Maybe all of these people who haven't done this seven year old content can team up with each other to get it done.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast