Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Aside from the fact that Vagary is being made out to be easier than it really is- As I said: Yes, the best way to do it is to team up with everyone. I never disagreed with that. But sometimes, some of us don't have that option. As I said before, Maybe it's different on Asura, but over here on lil' ol shiva, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone wanting to do Vagary outside of a campaign. In fact that's generally the way things go on not-Asura-odin-bahamut. People do what there's active campaigns for more often than not. If you want that empy armor right now, you'd better be playing a meta job.
    There's at least one group on Leviathan, potentially the least populated server, that runs vagary regularly. Maybe if your server isn't working for you, you could try a different one.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Player
    Need to point this out for a few people.

Making posts/replies about something does not mean YOU PERSONALLY need that thing, I know some peoples minds only operate though the lens of self interest but others do not.

The point being made is that new / returning players are having problems with this and it needs to be addressed, due to adding new content aimed at being the next rung on this ladder.
    (1)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    If they can be killed by a warrior in 5/5 sulevia+2 and kaja axe with a trust tank and healer, then they are not too hard.

If they can't, then they are too hard.

No ones opinion matters. Never tried so don't know.
    (0)

I haven't ever seen on Quetzalcoatl, anyone complain about this, probably because everyone gets help.

But more so, I'd bet because, nobody on Quetzalcoatl buys EXP, because nobody advertises it, thus by the time players reach Lv. 99 they have been capping their Skills and have decent gear.

I have played on Asura and ran a Linkshell that was very popular, because I helped everyone with content, and one thing I noticed was the amount of players who paid to skip EXP and told me they had very low Skill (Weapon / Magic), hell, one Lv. 99 Thief asked me to kill Siren because they couldn't hit it enough, the Lower level Story Siren, not the Avatar battle.

Have soloed Ambuscade on N (the harder version) as SMN with a Party of new players who couldn't do enough damage, and VD (the easier version) for the same reason. So many players skip skip skip without a thought. They can't even farm Sparks because too many bots in Escha plus they lack Skill.

So, the Solo bosses should be doable by decently geared players with capped skill and some NPC food, and also some decent Trusts, not the four basic ones you get handed to you.
    If not, you must be doing something wrong, I've done them myself with no help, and if I did need help I'd just ask, but I know these can be do Solo.

You can't just blast through the content with NQ Ambuscade trash or worse, but quite a bit of it you can.
    I can beat these with my Mule SMN that has 280 smn skill with AF 109 from Deeds reward with a capped Staff skill and Lv. 30 rdm sub.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    There's at least one group on Leviathan, potentially the least populated server, that runs vagary regularly. Maybe if your server isn't working for you, you could try a different one.
    No thanks. It works out fine for me most of the time. I'd rather see some Asurans move off to the ohter servers instead, so everyone, including them, will have a better experience.

But I've asked in my linkshells and yelled for it on many occasions. I only get takers if there's a campaign on. Fortunately I don't have a pressing need for it anymore.

But more so, I'd bet because, nobody on Quetzalcoatl buys EXP, because nobody advertises it, thus by the time players reach Lv. 99 they have been capping their Skills and have decent gear.
    We have this one guy named Jobpoints who does it but they actually aren't always on and so im not sure how many takers they actually get.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-20-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    I haven't ever seen on Quetzalcoatl, anyone complain about this, probably because everyone gets help.

I have played on Asura and ran a Linkshell that was very popular, because I helped everyone with content, and one thing I noticed was the amount of players who paid to skip EXP and told me they had very low Skill (Weapon / Magic), hell, one Lv. 99 Thief asked me to kill Siren because they couldn't hit it enough, the Lower level Story Siren, not the Avatar battle.

Have soloed Ambuscade on N (the harder version) as SMN with a Party of new players who couldn't do enough damage, and VD (the easier version) for the same reason. So many players skip skip skip without a thought. They can't even farm Sparks because too many bots in Escha plus they lack Skill.

So, the Solo bosses should be doable by decently geared players with capped skill and some NPC food, and also some decent Trusts, not the four basic ones you get handed to you.
    If not, you must be doing something wrong, I've done them myself with no help, and if I did need help I'd just ask, but I know these can be do Solo.

You can't just blast through the content with NQ Ambuscade trash or worse, but quite a bit of it you can.
    I can beat these with my Mule SMN that has 280 smn skill with AF 109 from Deeds reward with a capped Staff skill and Lv. 30 rdm sub.
    That's the problem. Players hit a basic wall solo, and rather than care or try to improve they just want the wall removed.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    That is the average gamer these days... depressing. In the old days you would have been beat up for saying these things
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    That's the problem. Players hit a basic wall solo, and rather than care or try to improve they just want the wall removed.
    That's not true. I'm all for such things. But not all walls are reasonable. A wall should be a challenge to overcome. having needlessly confusing and redundant items is not a challenge. And things that offer similar quality items should have comparabile difficulty.

There's also inconsistent difficulty here. Sortie is a joke and makes vagary look easier by comparison when it comes to getting empyrean upgrades, despite sortie being for a higher upgrade level. Do you not agree there should be a difficulty progression from lower tier stuff to higher tier stuff?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-21-2022 at 11:09 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That's not true. I'm all for such things. But not all walls are reasonable. A wall should be a challenge to overcome. having needlessly confusing and redundant items is not a challenge. And things that offer similar quality items should have comparabile difficulty.

There's also inconsistent difficulty here. Sortie is a joke and makes vagary look easier by comparison when it comes to getting empyrean upgrades, despite sortie being for a higher upgrade level. Do you not agree there should be a difficulty progression from lower tier stuff to higher tier stuff?
    It is true because it's how players treat XI anymore.

If choosing to solo empty +1 unlock in the alternative BF provided instead of teaming up is a challenge to overcome for these people. Then it isn't needlessly confusing or redundant. The person just isn't prepared and fails by their own means, as they should in this case.

Also something like Leshonn in Sortie is more challenging than Putraxia so idk what you are on about. Nor would it matter. You don't adjust something because "Well, something else is easier" or some nonsense.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post

Also something like Leshonn in Sortie is more challenging than Putraxia so idk what you are on about. Nor would it matter. You don't adjust something because "Well, something else is easier" or some nonsense.

Yes you do, when a content you release to upgrade something further than the previous content is, at least for the purposes of carrying out said upgrades, not as difficult. Which I feel that it is.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast