Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Players that have leveled 1 to 99 solo are not going to magically team up, they are not going to make the groups and players that know how to play and make groups won't make them because they prefer to sell clears instead.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yeah, but nobody does vagary unless there's a campaign for it. So you kinda have to low man it if you need something *now*. And that means you can't just take whatever jobs you want.
    Irrelevant, and players do clear Vagary outside of campaigns. Also, there is no one else in the world to team up with or no friend to lend a hand? This whole assertion is ridiculous, and the OP isn't taking personal responsibility.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Players that have leveled 1 to 99 solo are not going to magically team up, they are not going to make the groups and players that know how to play and make groups won't make them because they prefer to sell clears instead.
    This is one of my biggest issues with FFXI. I remember it used to be really social, people would shout to actually do content instead of buy it and stand there doing nothing. Hey, if they wanna do that fine...however, I miss the days of teaming up with random people, having fun and getting content done. Now everything is either solo, or buy it I mean I have a few Linkshells that do all of this, and they're really nice and have cool people in it, so at least there is that.

I remember people saying back in the day "I don't play FFXI for the game play, I mainly play because the people" ; ;
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    What's the point of being on an overcrowded overfocused server and NOT teaming up with other people?
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Irrelevant, and players do clear Vagary outside of campaigns. Also, there is no one else in the world to team up with or no friend to lend a hand? This whole assertion is ridiculous, and the OP isn't taking personal responsibility.
    Look, maybe you're mr. popular and the whole server is at your disposal, but that's not true for everyone. The fact that this isn't an issue for you doesn't make it irrelevant.
    (0)

Look, maybe you're mr. popular and the whole server is at your disposal, but that's not true for everyone. The fact that this isn't an issue for you doesn't make it irrelevant.
    Nah, he's right on this one. There is already a way to make it easier: team up with other players.

Also, he may be popular, but is it popular in a good way?
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is an incorrect assessment to basic fact of the matter I attested to.

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Nah, he's right on this one. There is already a way to make it easier: team up with other players.

Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post

Aside from the fact that Vagary is being made out to be easier than it really is- As I said: Yes, the best way to do it is to team up with everyone. I never disagreed with that. But sometimes, some of us don't have that option. As I said before, Maybe it's different on Asura, but over here on lil' ol shiva, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone wanting to do Vagary outside of a campaign. In fact that's generally the way things go on not-Asura-odin-bahamut. People do what there's active campaigns for more often than not. If you want that empy armor right now, you'd better be playing a meta job.

Thank you.
    What are you thanking him for?

I never disagreed that the best way to do content is to group. Again: SOMETIMES SOME OF US DONT HAVE THAT OPTION. Yes, I do have friends. But they all have their own wants and needs too, so unless they align, it can be difficult to get enough of them together.

And I have to agree with the OP: Doing these fights pretty much means you have better stuff than what they potentially give in the first place. Sure, with an alliance of 18 undergeared players all on meta jobs, it's not that difficult. You could also be ML40, but that didn't exist when this content was at its peak (and is an ungodly amount of grinding.

I think when you compare to the amount of work and effort required for AF/relic armor, I think most people would agree empy is more difficult. You can grind Omen and Dyna by yourself- slowly, sure, but it's easy. For Vagary, there's no escaping that you either need to be overgeared or can get a decent group of friends together.

Also, there is no one else in the world to team up with or no friend to lend a hand?
    You need more than just one, really, and no, I rarely hear of or see people doing Vagary outside of the campaigns for it. Now, that's starting to change with the ability to upgrade empy further, but if you cared about empy armor before, well, this week, you pretty much had to wait for a vagary campaign.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-19-2022 at 02:57 PM.

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Maybe they could impliment something like they did for sinister reign, where they make a lesser fight just so people can get the unlocks done, enter a battlefield with a deleveled boss and the reward is access to empy unlocks.

It doesn't have to be complicated, if the players want to farm items then team up for the main vagery event, but don't restrict access to empy gear to fights people rarely do.
    (0)

Haven't they learned how Asura operates? Pay to Play.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast