Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    There are more than enough testimonials, there's nothing to show and share.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    There are more than enough testimonials, there's nothing to show and share.
    Then follow through to the conclusion of that logic, please.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I think a lot of the perceived hate is actually directed at people bringing it up, just to jump to its defense.
    Don't get me wrong, I have my fair share of grievances with it. I enjoy the PvP and the story and a few other things, but the constant dumbing down of the jobs to pull in more players has really been getting to me. I generally don't do dungeons past the first clear, I don't raid and don't care too much about crafting/gathering anymore. Taking up too much time is a part of it though.

So don't worry, I'm not going to call it a perfect or amazing game because it isn't. And while they've been doing a lot of things I don't care for lately, It has its appeal and there are good things about it. My grievance is just people who hate on it for it existing and blame everything that's happened with FFXI on it. Personally I feel like FFXI being slow to adapt to changing trends and not doing more to keep itself modern (i.e. update to support modern tech- many MMOs I've played from the time period that are still around today have since upgraded their clients with support for newer directX versions and graphical and performance improvements that don't even have a particularly high cost and made the games look nicer without a total revamp) was a bigger factor. THere's a bit of irony in that Naoki Yoshida, who is actually the head of the business unit that runs both games, has actually been instrumental in keeping FFXI going.

I'm really tired of being painted as a white knight, when I can certainly recognize the flaws and issues, as well as the strengths, of the games. I'd have much less of an issue if more of the people here were looking at things more objectively. I only look like a white knight because they're kind of being dark knights and aren't as open minded as they could be. SE isn't infallable and I know that.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    See;

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...-%28Aug.-16%29
    [Details]
    - Being disconnected from the server at the Outer Ra'Kaznar area in the Asura World and not being able to log in
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not gonna lie, maybe I'm doing something wrong but this feels like one of the most boring battle events ever to me. Just one kind of not-terribly-threatening-but-thicc monster outside of a few monsters with special conditions? Couldn't you have like... two kinds of rank-and-file mobs?
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So in the update patch, the only thing added to the list of supported items storable by porter moogle was the new ammo item obtained from the new VR missions for Slip 03 and yet there's no new mog Slip to store +2 reforged Empyrean Armor.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    stuff
    like clockwork
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Not gonna lie, maybe I'm doing something wrong but this feels like one of the most boring battle events ever to me. Just one kind of not-terribly-threatening-but-thicc monster outside of a few monsters with special conditions? Couldn't you have like... two kinds of rank-and-file mobs?
    Wait. . . you figured out how to get into C and D and have killed all the NMs (at least 4)? And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there several types of rank-and-file monsters? Acuex, leeches, hecteyes, elementals, Umbrils. . . and that's just having been through A and B. I haven't been to C or D yet.
    (1)
    Last edited by Velner; 08-18-2022 at 09:41 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yes, that utterly lacks the ridiculous hyperbole of "calling this [event] a disaster be an understatement."
    (1)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The only thing the game is for is playing. The problem literally prevents the games singular purpose. Text book disaster.

And lets not forget the months delay, the failure in "testing" leading to missed deadline, translation errors, and the complete and total lie about balancing because empyrean reforge would be imbalanced. and 4 hour queue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 08-18-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast