Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

A question about maximum Crysta.

I pay for FFXI using Crysta, and I was told years ago that the upper limit / maximum / cap on how much Crysta can be held in a person's Crysta account is 9999.

I have currently 9999 Crysta in my SE account.

I am wanting to buy 50,000 more Crysta, so that I don't have to top-up my Crysta so frequently, rather I can rest assured that my Crysta account balance is over 50,000 and therefor my FFXI subscription will be safely and automatically renewed for a long time.

So my question for SE is ;

"What is the maximum amount of Crysta my account can hold? Is it 10,000? Is it a higher number, like 100,000?"

If my Crysta account can hold 100,000 Crysta, I will be buying 50,000 Crysta today, so that I have a good supply of Crysta and can enjoy FFXI for a long time without needing to top-up Crysta anytime soon.

I apologise if this question has already been answered, I have looked on the Account Management page, but I can't see any mention of "Maximum Crysta."

Also I apologise if this question should be asked in a different part of the forums, but it is a payment question, not a technical / bug question.

Also, I did not "experiment" by trying to buy above 9999 Crysta, because I was concerned that my payment went from my bank, the money went through, and then I'm told that all Crysta above 9999 has vanished into oblivion because there is a maximum Crysta limit. I am concerned that I will pay money, but not actually get the Crysta because the cap is 9999 or 10,000 or whatever.

I also want to thank SE and the FFXI Development Team for keeping FFXI online, and doing so many wonderful updates, exciting new content, and fun events. Thank you so very much for all your hard work in protecting and preserving Vana'diel.

(2)

Player
    from what I remember, cap is 10000. For FF14, basically almost covers twice for half year subs plan (covers if on legacy discount).

cmiiw though...
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Just use your credit or debit card, crysta was so dumb I remember you couldnt put the exact amount when it first came out
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Crysta doesn't even make sense in the first place. Even with FFXIV, while it can be used, prepaid cards don't give you crysta, they just give you game time. Just use a card directly if at all possible.
    (0)

Player
    That was like 2 decades away. When I started around WotG era, can already put custom amount of crysta. Plus the MMO market are still brand new back in early 2000, it's like expecting newly born babies to immediately driving cars.

Also, since this still using archaic system for processing payments, having crysta actually way better. There are alot of reports of ppl having payment issues when linking directly, at least with crysta being middle, one can have enough time to do some preps incase their existing payment encounters some kind of errors, not to mention each browsers could have different reaction with payment websites & flabbergasted when IE still being referred as a much more recommended usage, being the most unsafe thing to use.

Personally, direct linking your card is a terrible idea, unless u're stinkin' rich & don't care with your flowing funds.
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This thread wasn't me asking if I like using Crysta or not.

I really like using Crysta, and paying for my Crysta by using Paypal.

I paid for FFXI using my Debit Card until SE used Click-and-buy as a process intermediary, and then my Bank instantly red-flagged and cancelled my Debit Card because Click-and-buy are a known criminal organisation, which my bank had a zero-tolerance red-flag standing-kill-order out on. I'm surprised I wasn't put on a no-fly terror watch-list at the same time.

So after I got a new Debit Card from my Bank, I never used it online ever again, and it was all because of the Click-and-buy / SE payment debacle.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I paid for FFXI using my Debit Card until SE used Click-and-buy as a process intermediary,
    They don't use that anymore, it's ingenico, a well known and established payment provider the world over.

So after I got a new Debit Card from my Bank, I never used it online ever again, and it was all because of the Click-and-buy / SE payment debacle.
    You really allowed one questionable move from one company to dictate all your future financial decisions?

Paying online is totally fine with a little bit of awareness. Just make sure it's a reputable company, the website is https:// (dont think modern browsers willl even let you do this sort of thing if it isn't)

If any of us even have crysta at all, the most likely reason is SE compensating people with crysta for certain FFXIV online store issues.

I've been using all my credit and depit cards online for 20 years, and I've never been compromised. Even if I am, with a little bit of knowledge it doesn't have to be a painful thing to deal with.

One time I did get scammed by an individual whom I paid directly by debit and didn't send me something I asked for, but a simple call to my bank and I got my money back.

I'm surprised I wasn't put on a no-fly terror watch-list at the same time.
    Yea, there's no reason to be so ridiculously dramatic. CnB was bad, but having used it isn't going to put you on a no fly list lol....

To be clear: There's really no difference between using paypal and paying SE directly. You still have to send something over the interwebs to get the money to come out of your bank account, and paypal isn't any more trustworthy than anyone else. There's entire websites dedicated to hating on them (but I use it so ~"~ )

Use logic, use common sense. Yes, SE chose a bad payment provider many years ago. They realized their mistake, and they don't use it anymore.

==================

Anyway, I can't tell you, nor can most people around here, what the crysta limit is becuase most of us don't use crysta. That should make it pretty clear to you by itself that paying SE via credit/debit card is perfectly fine. Again, Ingenico is a widely used payment processor and is even used by major retailers in stores. They are among the safest option available.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-09-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Player
    You could just help confirm what OP was asking, which is cap limit of crysta, instead of making long & unnecessary debate. What I said in previous post still stands & even OP already confirms.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    You could just help confirm what OP was asking, which is cap limit of crysta, instead of making long & unnecessary debate. What I said in previous post still stands & even OP already confirms.
    I'm not going to buy crysta just to confirm what the limit is. Crysta is like a digital doorstop for me as I have no need of it. And if they already confirmed it, then no one else needs to.

I took this oppertunity to guard against people thinking it's not safe to pay SE by card because of an incident that happened many years ago, which SE realized their error on, and changed. The user's post contains a lot of false or disingenuous information and anyone who comes here should know that. The post really comes off as suspect since I really find it hard to believe that anyone would respond in that way to the situation and also literally never use online payments purely because of one incident. That whole bit about getting on a no fly list is absurd.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm not going to buy crysta just to confirm what the limit is. Crysta is like a digital doorstop for me as I have no need of it.

I took this oppertunity to guard against people thinking it's not safe to pay SE by card because of an incident that happened many years ago, which SE realized their error on, and changed. The user's post contains a lot of false or disingenuous information and anyone who comes here should know that.

Maybe at where you live. Here @ my country, I still kept getting other players, FF14 players, having issues of their payment being rejected & such. Just quite recently, got a player with rejected payment blocked & need to switch to others to have them processed again.

I'm sorry if crysta being huge issue for you. Can just move on, no need to keep this checked.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast