Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    yea, not for u. "we" do like our options. ask again who're "we"? lawl
    Did you even read the rest of the line you quoted? "Non Square-Enix game."

Crysta is only an option for FFXI and FFXIV. There is no other game in existence that uses it. So no, not "for me." For Everyone. No one cane use Crysta to play World of Warcraft, or whatever other game out there you want to name.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Stompa please don't do this or at least calculate it accordingly, I pay with Crysta too for 6 accounts however Crysta has a shelf life and you can end up having it deleted if you keep it too long.

https://www.square-enix-games.com/en.../crysta/charge

This applies to XI and XIV, aka it expires after 2 years. I believe this is some kind of government regulation or something.

I've never had crysta deleted and I was always sloppy buying it (buying too much) so I'm not 100% sure if it applies to XI or not but I wouldn't risk too much.
    Not a regulation. Just a business decision. Also, he said himself he's not 100% sure (which means it never came into play, so he didn't confirm anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa
    Thank you, Pixela, for providing genuinely new information in response to my original-post question. Thank you for being helpful, informative, and courteous.
    It has nothing to do with your original question, so why are you praising him? Especially when he didn't actually confirm anything.

and never playing FF14 due to my 50-year habit of only-playing-good-games
    You're breaking your own habit

I've been entirely civilized here. I'm sorry you didn't like my responses, I'm simply pointing out that you're arbitrarily refusing to use an option that would likely save you a lot of stress and frustration. I came here in the spirit of helping, but you came up with all this crazy stuff about no fly lists or being flagged as a terrorist or whatever. Neither of those things happened, nor would they have.

SE currently uses a reliable and reputable payment provider. Buying and paying for things with a credit or debit card online is safe when done properly and common sense is applied. I mean really, they learned their lesson, so why hold that against them? If they wronged you so much, why give them any money at all?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-10-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Player
    speaking of which, never heard of those Click-n-buy myself. Probably uncommon on most countries. On my side, there's alot of card rejects though, sadly had quite some card frauds back on early 2000s. Hence some people on FF14 mostly relies on Paypal or buying game timecards instead, which is easier, one of things FF11 could really use for additional subs plan, which I already request here long time ago & never realized. ^^;
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    yawn...

oh... you're back. How boring is your life already...
    also... look!

guess you're asking about standarized/global game currencies that can be used anywhere. Good luck with that! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    So no, not "for me." For Everyone.
    um... yea... Everyone means, you & me & the rest of thread participant are in one mind, which is clearly me and others don't really see eye to eye with your view. Each to their own, you like it that way, go ahead. "we" like ours, no need 2 be an ass & try to force things your way.

Think this thread has served its purpose & OP got the answers needed. Best close this one before this devolves into unnecessary debates.
    (1)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 08-10-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    oh... you're back. How boring is your life already...
    also... look!

guess you're asking about standarized/global game currencies that can be used anywhere. Good luck with that! lol

um... yea... Everyone means, you & me & the rest of thread participant are in one mind, which is clearly me and others don't really see eye to eye with your view. Each to their own, you like it that way, go ahead. "we" like ours, no need 2 be an ass & try to force things your way.

Think this thread has served its purpose & OP got the answers needed. Best close this one before this devolves into unnecessary debates.
    I mean, there is a standardized currency out there. it's called cash. It works great for paying for lots of things, including FFXI! No need for game specific currencies that have no value outside of that game.

What was the point of that? I mean, if you dont want "unnecessary debates" then don't reply? It sure doesn't look like you don't want this to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-10-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    speaking of which, never heard of those Click-n-buy myself.
    It was a payment provider that SE used for a short time early on. It is absolutely true, as Stompa said, that they were really shady, and there was significant backlash from the userbase about it at the time. But it wasn't anything nearly as dramatic as they suggest. And today, as I said more than once before, SE now uses a worldwide recognzied payment processor that most people can pay through without issue. I'm legitimately saddened that the incident triggered somebody to never use direct online payments ever again when it's normally quite easy and safe to do so. It was before SE made that dumb decision, and it still is today.
    (Yes, I actually said "SE made that dumb decision" - some people think I'm a white knight that believes SE can do no wrong)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-10-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    To OP's point and for everyone's benefit, if your credit card information were stolen from a website and used fraudently, you'd call your bank and they'd freeze your debit card for 5-7, while they do an investigation. You'd lose access to your checking/savings/bank accounts, while that is happening. You can avoid this situation by not using your bank cards online. I even know a few people who have had this exact problem and stopped using their bank cards online. (Credit cards are different but still).

Anyway, yes Crysta cap is 10,000.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can avoid this situation by not using your bank cards online. I even know a few people who have had this exact problem and stopped using their bank cards online. (Credit cards are different but still).
    I mean, if you want to be completely paranoid, this is good advice. But measures like that are specifically to protect you and are just an inconvenience in almost all cases. I've been using both credit and debit cards online for over 20 years on almost a daily basis and I've never been compromised, much less had to deal with my card being locked. The worst thing that's ever happened to me is paying someone on facebook marketplace online and them not sending me something. I just did a chargeback with my bank and got my money back (after a 60 day waiting period to allow the other party to respond to the dispute, which they never did).

Safeguards like locking your card are exactly one of the things that makes using cards online safer. WHen you use common sense, buying stuff online with a card is just as safe as doing it in a store via their payment terminals- which, by the way, have their own vulnerabilities. So is the solution to not buy things from anyone ever? You can easily lose cash or have it stolen too. No. The solution is to be aware of the things that can happen and know how to guard against them- not total paranoia.

And today, most cards let you make the first move to protect yourself. If you've lost your card or think something's happened, most card companies' apps let you lock your card yourself whenever you want. They send you emails about potentially suspicious transactions which allow you to deny them or approve them if it was really you. (And a note about bank cards specifically: If we mean "debit cards," which carry a major card network's mark, these are just as safe to use online as a credit card, and the card networks offer you the same protections, like zero liability for unauthorized purchases. Most sites I've used don't allow you to use a "bank card," as in an ATM card, which doesn't carry a logo like VISA or Mastercard.) I know smaller banks may not all offer it, but if your bank gives you a debit card with one of those logos, you get the same protections as a credit card when you use it for purchases.

The moral of this post is: If you're smart, there's little to fear.

edited the post a bit as you were specifically referring to "bank cards" rather than credit cards.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-13-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Character
    Wolfee
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Alhanelem, some people in this thread seem to lack serious reading comprehension skills. You've kept it classy, thanks!
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I pay for FFXI using Crysta, and I was told years ago that the upper limit / maximum / cap on how much Crysta can be held in a person's Crysta account is 9999.

I have currently 9999 Crysta in my SE account.

I am wanting to buy 50,000 more Crysta, so that I don't have to top-up my Crysta so frequently, rather I can rest assured that my Crysta account balance is over 50,000 and therefor my FFXI subscription will be safely and automatically renewed for a long time.
    Just FYI, crysta expires after 2 years according to SE, I wouldn't do that even if you can, unless your account cost more than $21 a month.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3