I pay for FFXI using Crysta, and I was told years ago that the upper limit / maximum / cap on how much Crysta can be held in a person's Crysta account is 9999.

I have currently 9999 Crysta in my SE account.

I am wanting to buy 50,000 more Crysta, so that I don't have to top-up my Crysta so frequently, rather I can rest assured that my Crysta account balance is over 50,000 and therefor my FFXI subscription will be safely and automatically renewed for a long time.

So my question for SE is ;

"What is the maximum amount of Crysta my account can hold? Is it 10,000? Is it a higher number, like 100,000?"

If my Crysta account can hold 100,000 Crysta, I will be buying 50,000 Crysta today, so that I have a good supply of Crysta and can enjoy FFXI for a long time without needing to top-up Crysta anytime soon.

I apologise if this question has already been answered, I have looked on the Account Management page, but I can't see any mention of "Maximum Crysta."

Also I apologise if this question should be asked in a different part of the forums, but it is a payment question, not a technical / bug question.

Also, I did not "experiment" by trying to buy above 9999 Crysta, because I was concerned that my payment went from my bank, the money went through, and then I'm told that all Crysta above 9999 has vanished into oblivion because there is a maximum Crysta limit. I am concerned that I will pay money, but not actually get the Crysta because the cap is 9999 or 10,000 or whatever.

I also want to thank SE and the FFXI Development Team for keeping FFXI online, and doing so many wonderful updates, exciting new content, and fun events. Thank you so very much for all your hard work in protecting and preserving Vana'diel.