Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT
    Also, since this still using archaic system for processing payments, having crysta actually way better. There are alot of reports of ppl having payment issues when linking directly, at least with crysta being middle, one can have enough time to do some preps incase their existing payment encounters some kind of errors, not to mention each browsers could have different reaction with payment websites & flabbergasted when IE still being referred as a much more recommended usage, being the most unsafe thing to use.

Personally, direct linking your card is a terrible idea, unless u're stinkin' rich & don't care with your flowing funds.
    I've had my card linked since the beginning with zero issues. It certainly doesn't necessitate being careless and "stnkin' rich."

Yes, some people have had payment issues. You can have payment issues anywhere. Most of those issues are:
    -Not accepting cards from a certain country or location (not much you can do about that besides get an account somewhere else)
    -Insufficient funds
    -Banned for issuing a chargeback to get a "refund." Normally the ban will be released if the chargeback is reversed.
    -Use of prepaid debit cards
    And more which can be found on this support article:

https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...mended+browser

There are also issues that can be caused by using VPNs or public networks, which happens to protect you from situations where information could be exposed or altered.
    Note that this article mentions "Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge." This means this article was written before IE was officially retired from support in Windows- However, IE still lives on via IE mode in Microsoft Edge, which still uses Edge's security features to protect you.

They should in fact update this to reflect IE's retirement which happened in June 2022, however, as far as I know you can't even install IE on a modern machine anymore.

From Microsoft's website:
    Over the next few months, opening Internet Explorer will progressively redirect users to our new modern browser, Microsoft Edge with IE mode. Users will still see the Internet Explorer icon on their devices (such as on the taskbar or in the Start menu) but if they click to open Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge will open instead with easy access to IE mode. Eventually, Internet Explorer will be disabled permanently as part of a future Windows Update, at which point the Internet Explorer icons on users’ devices will be removed.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Maybe at where you live. Here @ my country, I still kept getting other players, FF14 players, having issues of their payment being rejected & such. Just quite recently, got a player with rejected payment blocked & need to switch to others to have them processed again.

I'm sorry if crysta being huge issue for you. Can just move on, no need to keep this checked.
    The article I linked covers virtually all cases of people having payment issues. There is a reason for every one of them, and in most cases, there is a way to address them. It's certainly not because they hate their users and don't want to take their money.
    (0)

Player
    Yes, you made your point & actually covers in more detail. And I'm still keeping what I said as well. There are still cases where crysta being intermediary still be very useful. You have your own comfort ways, we have ours. I personally still comfy having crysta than linking my cards & that's not going to change.

(3)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Yikes, someone has tin foil hat on. Moving on
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Yes, you made your point & actually covers in more detail. And I'm still keeping what I said as well. There are still cases where crysta being intermediary still be very useful. You have your own comfort ways, we have ours. I personally still comfy having crysta than linking my cards & that's not going to change.

You seem really mad about something, considering you took the time to make a memepic....

Who is we? Speak for yourself, not for others. And what about non-Square Enix games? Crysta isn't an option.

One of the main reasons Crysta sucks (and also any virtual currency really) is you can't turn non-fungible Crysta back into fungible cash. This became a much smaller issue after they let you add only as much crysta as you need, but a lot of companies are not so nice and make it nearly impossible to use up all of your virtual currency value.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-09-2022 at 04:15 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Crysta isn't an option.

yea, not for u. "we" do like our options. ask again who're "we"? lawl
    (1)

Player
    Stompa please don't do this or at least calculate it accordingly, I pay with Crysta too for 6 accounts however Crysta has a shelf life and you can end up having it deleted if you keep it too long.

Square Enix Crysta remains valid for 2 years from the date they were purchased and expires* at the end of the final month. For example, if you purchased Crysta on May 10, 2017, it would expire on May 31, 2019.
    https://www.square-enix-games.com/en.../crysta/charge

This applies to XI and XIV, aka it expires after 2 years. I believe this is some kind of government regulation or something.

I've never had crysta deleted and I was always sloppy buying it (buying too much) so I'm not 100% sure if it applies to XI or not but I wouldn't risk too much.
    (3)
    Last edited by Pixela; 08-09-2022 at 10:49 PM.

Player
    They both shared. Used to pay for FF11 subs back then as well as FF14 currently. I have both 11 & 14 linked on same account.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Stompa please don't do this or at least calculate it accordingly, I pay with Crysta too for 6 accounts however Crysta has a shelf life and you can end up having it deleted if you keep it too long.

https://www.square-enix-games.com/en.../crysta/charge

This applies to XI and XIV, aka it expires after 2 years. I believe this is some kind of government regulation or something.

I've never had crysta deleted and I was always sloppy buying it (buying too much) so I'm not 100% sure if it applies to XI or not but I wouldn't risk too much.
    Thank you, Pixela, for providing genuinely new information in response to my original-post question. Thank you for being helpful, informative, and courteous.

So, given this new information, I will just keep topping up Crysta to 9999 which is what I've been doing since the Click-and-buy scandal burned my faith in online Debit Card use to the ground.

To be honest, having only one FFXI account, and never playing FF14 due to my 50-year habit of only-playing-good-games, my Crysta usage is quite low for a single FFXI account and 9999 lasts for around a year or something like that.

Thanks again for your help.
    (3)

Before this thread, I hadn't even thought about the Click-n-buy fiasco for years. I can't imagine how many players they lost over that terrible decision.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast