Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Screenshot feature broken

Tried to screenshot using Print Screen button & only produces black image shots in screenshot folder. How do one take proper screenshot?

Please reply ASAP. Thx.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've literally never used the built in feature. I usually use the windows Snipping Tool or hold ctrl+alt print screen and paste into an image program (ctrl+alt only captures one screen when you have multiple monitors)
    (0)

Player
    That's basically should be the standard feature. It basically annoys me to do snipping every time, since for currently I'm in cutscene & kinda just killed immersion with me needing to snipping forth & back. Plus this will not work if there's like action cutscene where I need to make several screenshot in succession, it's not like there's ability to freeze the screen while i properly snip & save it, then resume so that I could take another one on exact moment.

Also, on Windows 7 atm.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Taking screenshots really has nothing to do with immersion. The resulting image is essentially the same no matter how you do it.
    (0)

Player
    Maybe not for you, but it's my own. Can't really compare apple to apple on each own ways to feel theirs.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Maybe not for you, but it's my own. Can't really compare apple to apple on each own ways to feel theirs.
    For everyone. Screenshots aren't part of the game world therefore they are not a component of immersion.

I mean I suppose you're referring to the inconvenience of leaving the game for any amount of time to deal with the image capture, and I sort of understand on that level, but there are other reasons, which I probably shouldn't specify here, not to use the game's screenshot taking method, whether or not it's working correctly.

(note, going to check now to see if it actually works or not. Frankly I don't even know where the game stores them since I don't use it. Further edit: Due to an unnamable mitigating circumstance, I actually can't test this)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-08-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Player
    at whichever you install the game:

\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pub\home01\open\ScreenShots\FinalFantasyXI\

or just search *.jpg in PlayOnline folder
    (0)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    I use a Controller and with this feature enabled you can press the Back+Start for Xbox style or Select+Start for Playstation style controllers.
    Not sure about the Keyboard combo, but with the Controller you press Back or Select first then press Start to take the screenshot, as it will not take a proper screenshot unless the HUD is hidden, which is what Back/Select on the pad does.
    This allows you to take multiple screenshots in succession which is what you wanted to do, they are saved in the directory that is specified in the ffxiconfig program.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    which is what Back/Select on the pad does.
    It also adds a copyright notice in the corner. Which is why, at least for screenshots mainly intended for my own purposes, or if I need images with the UI on screen (which is often), you need to use something else. So unless it's something I intend to distribute, I'd rather use the snipping tool so I can have the HUD and lack of watermark on there.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    I use a Controller and with this feature enabled you can press the Back+Start for Xbox style or Select+Start for Playstation style controllers.
    Not sure about the Keyboard combo, but with the Controller you press Back or Select first then press Start to take the screenshot, as it will not take a proper screenshot unless the HUD is hidden, which is what Back/Select on the pad does.
    This allows you to take multiple screenshots in succession which is what you wanted to do, they are saved in the directory that is specified in the ffxiconfig program.
    keyboard equivalent is Scroll Lock, right beside Print Screen button.

also...

recently got answer from discord, not sure if this is actually applies, but it does work for some reason while it doesn't really make sense:
    Scroll Lock, then press Print Screen and F11.

2 discord channel including reddit ones actually post similar ways.
    (0)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 08-11-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast