Character
    Beoulve
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Spell casting target stun/bind

Hello,

I really miss the good old days where spells being cast on us wouldn't bind and stun us.
    I remember that was added to the game because too many mages complained about people running away from the buffs being cast on them.

But this is not helping at all! People still run away from buffs all the time and its just making the game extremely annoying to play.
    I just turned off the game today being upset I can't do anything until all the monsters casting at me actually stops casting;

Can't move, can't attack, can't cast, just hold still and die.

Please restore the freedom of movement and fighting while we are being cast on. Just like the game was at first.

I am considering quitting FFXI after 20 years of playing it because I cannot stand that futile game feature any longer.

I have been asking countless times trough the years for this to be fixed.

Please address this issue fast.

Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There was never a time when spell effects on a not-moving character didn't stop them from moving until the animation is over. It isn't new and never was, you can't "restore" what never existed.

There *was* a patch that reduced the animation lock on cure spells specifically. But animation lock has been in the game since the beginning.
    (2)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Easiest solve; tell the other players to STOP RUNNING AWAY while you're trying to help them in /tell or /linkshell or /party or /shout depending on what grouping you have with them.
    If they don't want the help, then don't bother helping them, as they don't seem too worried about not helping you.
    (0)