Character
    Sharkk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Making a second crafting shield

Hello,

I'm trying to make a second crafting shield, but the quest will not initiate. I have a new craft at expert. Is this by design or am I not doing something correct?
    (0)

Character
    Sharkk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Can someone please clarify whether making a second crafting shield is possible?
    (0)

Character
    Sensei
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Only one shield

According to BG Wiki, you cannot. The entry under escutcheons reads, emphasis added:

If you started the Escutcheon quest but wish to level a different craft, you must abandon the quest line. This prevents a player from having more than one shield.

"Speak with Mewk Chorosap and tell her you wish to give up. She will ask three times if you truly wish to give up. After confirming, she will tell you to throw away your shield.
    Until you do these steps, you are not given the option to renounce your Artisan rank at your current craft. Furthermore, you will only be able to level your new craft to level 100
    until these steps are taken."

However, you can create a new shield on mule.
    (0)

Character
    Sharkk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thanks--I did notice that. I'm wondering if a new shield can be made if the first one is dropped (not just to the recycle bin).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo85 View Post
    Thanks--I did notice that. I'm wondering if a new shield can be made if the first one is dropped (not just to the recycle bin).
    You specifically have to drop it as part of the process of starting over as described above. But don't do it until you're told to.
    (0)

Character
    Sharkk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So can someone from SE answer me about whether I can start a new crafting shield by dropping my current completed one? I'd prefer to know the answer than to be the guinea pig in this case.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So can someone from SE answer me about whether I can start a new crafting shield by dropping my current completed one? I'd prefer to know the answer than to be the guinea pig in this case.
    What other choice do you have? Lol. Obviously it has to be dropped.
    (0)

8. 10-19-2022 11:58 PM

Character
    Sharkk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So I served as the guinea pig. Unless I'm missing something blatantly obvious, you cannot start another crafting shield just by dropping your completed one. SE--Please confirm this and if it is true, please create a path for someone wishing to make a second shield.
    (1)

Character
    Sharkk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Still waiting on a reply SE. Do you need a credit card number just to acknowledge my message?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Still waiting on a reply SE. Do you need a credit card number just to acknowledge my message?
    if you want to talk to them you're going to have to go through support. You're not going to get a response here. You can get back the shield you tossed by the one time item restore but you have to contact a GM within a certain time frame of it happening.

But for the record:

""Speak with Mewk Chorosap and tell her you wish to give up. She will ask three times if you truly wish to give up. After confirming, she will tell you to throw away your shield."

An NPC interaction is required before tossing it. Did you do that?
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-08-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast