Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Sharkk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That only works if you haven't finished your shield yet as far as I can tell.

I've gone to GM already, thanks for the advice.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    But did you actually try it, is what I'm saying?
    Because the process to start anew requires you to talk to an NPC first. If you don't do that, nothing will be reset. the quest NPC doesn't merely check if you own a shield or not to give you the quest.

Also worth noting for the future: You can get back discarded items via the recycle bin feature that was introduced a while back, so long as you go to the recycle bin before changing areas / logging out / disconnecting. (Kinda wondering if this might be abuseable here....)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-09-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Also worth noting for the future: You can get back discarded items via the recycle bin feature that was introduced a while back, so long as you go to the recycle bin before changing areas / logging out / disconnecting. (Kinda wondering if this might be abuseable here....)
    I'm still kind of curious about that too. Some functions seem to treat the recycle bin as part of the overall inventory system (/itemsearch, for example), while others are a little less fussy (rare item drop checks.) Did mog wardrobes come out before eschuteons, or after? If it was before, then there's a good chance they'd have used the code for checking a character's complete inventory system; if after, then they may not have been building with the idea that new inventory spaces might be added later in mind.
    (0)

Character
    Sharkk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I tried talking to her before tossing the shield. I tried with multiple expert crafts and then just with 1 expert craft. Her dialogue was the same about returning to her one day if I need her. Then I tossed the shield just to the recycle bin. That didn't work, so I talked to her again then relogged. She still just gives me the same dialogue.

The recycle bin also doesn't work for other things I've tried like adoulin rings.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2