Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

rampant IP theft and fraud

@ranelegon @special_task_force @gunisaka why was my post deleted? do you guys actually condone the IP theft by people who operate and live stream from private servers like Nasomi / eden / wings/ tabula rasa/ dark star who make money off pirated versions of your game? we love this game and the private servers are stealing away from it. some are even charging subscriptions now, and taking money from players to keep servers running and RMT. even though its stated in the legal tos, you cant do private servers how come you haven't done anything about them or given the players a clear answer on your stance regarding the blatant piracy private servers. Atleast Yoshida has made a public stance on 3rd party saying dont do it. why wont the STF make public statements on topics.
    (1)

Player
    bump @moderators @special_task_force @gunisaka @Akihiko_Matsui How can you guys alllow all these private servers to exist? is your inaction to comment or remove then consent for them to exist and redistribute a bastardized version of your IP? they are completely illegal and are blatent theft., this needs to be dealt with! Wings, Catseye, blu, eden , nasomi, horizon all need to be shut down. as well as any others that pop up.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It be nice if SE sent out legal notes to these private servers. Not sure the legal department is worth the cost though to do that for any beyond HorizonXI though.

Edit: Hehe

You know, we all benefit from learning.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 03-07-2024 at 05:34 AM.

Player
    Companies have been rumored to leak high quality first 2-3 episodes of new series to piratebay, to build an audience into them.

I used to have a zero tolerance outlook on these things, now I see them as an opportunity to build the game. If people play on these servers due to the zero cost of entry and learn to love the games they will be far more likely to come play on retail.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Companies have been rumored to leak high quality first 2-3 episodes of new series to piratebay, to build an audience into them.

I used to have a zero tolerance outlook on these things, now I see them as an opportunity to build the game. If people play on these servers due to the zero cost of entry and learn to love the games they will be far more likely to come play on retail.
    Yeah, it's not worth trying to squash every private server. On the other hand, when one makes too much noise after a certain point. Then it is prudent to make a quick example of them.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    No one that gets to experience how terrible it is for free is going to start paying for it after, lol
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    These servers should all be shut down, they spit in the face of retail and hurt it overall. So many of them talk negatively about retail and this game. Bunch of weirdos who cant handle the fact that things change. Time to delete them thnx.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    do you guys actually condone the IP theft by people
    It's not that they condone anything, but this isn't the sort of thing they likely want posted publicly. If you want to report illegal use of IP and such like that, it would be much more appropriate to use the legal links on their website and email them directly about this sort of thing rather than post it on a forum.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not that they condone anything, but this isn't the sort of thing they likely want posted publicly. If you want to report illegal use of IP and such like that, it would be much more appropriate to use the legal links on their website and email them directly about this sort of thing rather than post it on a forum.
    i do nearly daily for 5 years. as well as friends who are GMs as well Matsuda on FB, and foxclon. and the jp forums and twitter, and twitch,
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned_NA_player View Post
    i do nearly daily for 5 years. as well as friends who are GMs as well Matsuda on FB, and foxclon. and the jp forums and twitter, and twitch,
    Like I said, posting about and linking to illicit activity, illegal servers etc, will get deleted because they don't want it to spread. Contacting their legal team directly is the appropriate way to do this.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast