Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    you should at least have the decency to keep paying SE as they require to play the game. You can't convince me dodging sub fees isn't at least partial motivation for playing on a private server.
    If someone has no intent to ever play on official servers, why would they make and account and subscribe? Give away money because it's the "decent" thing to do? Also, I never said it wasn't partial motivation, I even implied the opposite when I said I "doubt most people play on them just because they're free."

There's literally no reason to be on a private server if you're happy with the live game.
    That literally has nothing to do with the question I was asking Immortal. Not being happy with the live game doesn't mean you're going out and talking crap about it and its players, as Immortal is suggesting is happening. I'm not implying it doesn't happen, but I doubt it's happening on any kind of scale that would make any difference to SE's bottom line.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If someone has no intent to ever play on official servers, why would they make and account and subscribe?
    Because they're not a new player and already have an account.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Briko View Post
    The gameplay is slower. Slow refers to everything not just the rate of experience gain. The game on 80% fastcast 80% haste full time is not at all similar to era experience.
    So just the fact that you take ages to swing your weapons or cast spells from 1-74 somehow makes it more fun to you? I know you don't mean 75 endgame, because clearly we used to melee burn a lot of things at that era once people knew about bard/cor swapping. We attacked close to the same rate given you could cap haste then with a ghorn and soul voice etc. We used to melee burn colibri for merits and it was very fast attacking. RDM was super overused in that era too with tons of fast cast. You are just lying to yourself to be in pretend land. Not to mention the incredibly popular strat of using large groups of BLM to time nuked things to death. That was pretty fast if you ask me.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    That's kind of a reach. When I realize I haven't logged in for quite a while, I cancel my sub until I want to start playing again. I'm not all about throwing money away, and I assume most people are the same.

I've never played on a private server but I sincerely doubt most people play on them just because they're free.

Where are you seeing all of these people hating on the official servers? Can you link to somewhere showing this happening?
    Yes its all over youtube, im not gonna link every video. Actually if you simply type "FFXI" into youtube it literally fills your screen with the new p server as if its FFXI reborn LOL. Just look into the comment sections, filled with misinformation from people who STILL think we are in Abyssea. They are saying the game is "TOO EZ" when they dont even know what an odyssey v20+ NM is like!!! They think we solo everything with trusts and they say the game is dead. It is literally all over youtube and fan sites, I saw it on Reddit too. You would have to live under a rock to not see the hate retail XI gets.
    (0)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm going to just add that square needs to take more interest in 11 an do right by the loyal players. I still stand against all the private servers and their supporters. I don't care what else someone has to say about it generating xyz for retail. When the rules come down on a legit player we get told xyz about the rules an how their not "just for other people". I say this double standard needs to stop or get official support to end the debate once an for all.

Square Enix, Special Task Force, GM's, Customer Support, other levels of related staff, all need to weigh in as one team here an decide.

I will not be coming back to read replies to this post unless it's from admins or higher up, I said my part on this. bye.
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Player
    These private servers are effectively unlimited free trials, they are not the full experience and are missing lots of content.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    These private servers are effectively unlimited free trials, they are not the full experience and are missing lots of content.
    While this is all true, most people that are playing on them for content reasons are playing on them *because* they're missing content. That said, there are ways they can more or less do those things on live. A random facebook group I have had someone post a link to an XI private server, though surprisingly numerous people complained and it was taken down by the group admins.

(what I'm saying is that the people playing on these servers are the people who've been begging SE to do an "FFXI Classic." Even though you can basically do that on any official server by not completing the level 80 limit break quest and have access to all 75 content and also quality-of-life imporvements like the home point teleportaiton and such)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-12-2023 at 05:47 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4