Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    How exactly are you contacting their legal team directly?
    (0)

Something needs to be done about this.

I was viewing Twitter today and had one of these Private Server for FFXI accounts promoted to me, the hell?

I didn't know what it was at first, then after I took a look, they are advertising on Twitter...

People are making videos on YouTube promoting it.

What is the best way to report this?
    (1)

Why are y'all so concerned about this? Seems weird to be so worried about a company's IP rights possibly being infringed. Are you just shareholders, trying to squeeze out those last few pennies from lawsuits?
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Why are y'all so concerned about this? Seems weird to be so worried about a company's IP rights possibly being infringed. Are you just shareholders, trying to squeeze out those last few pennies from lawsuits?
    Some people just don't like seeing something they like being misused by another party without anything to do with the team responsible for it.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There's also the difficulty in going after people in countries you don't have a presence in. It is extremely difficult to bring cases against people that aren't in a country where you directly do business.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    For me, I personally care because literally all those people promoting this garbage across social media are completely attacking retail and its players. I find it really terrible of them to not only promote a stupid private server but to throw retail under the bus. So ungrateful really, they are so fixated on getting their childhood back that they dont care about the health of the real game that has been there for decades. It's so cringy seeing all these "ex" XI youtube creators trying to jump on the bandwagon like its really going to rekindle their dead channels. Sorry... no. Nobody is gonna be watching XI content lol, ESPECIALLY on a private server. WOW so much fun, hes attacking that lv1 mob and swinging once per hour. GOod luck, but maybe dont take a dump on retail and persuade people away from it. If all those dummies came to retail maybe we could have gotten more support, but they all abandoned it and wrote it off as dead because their precious gear was outdated or something.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I saw someone post here saying "First time playing retail" and im like "well they had to have come from a private server, because nobody that didn't would make that kind of distinction."
    (0)

Player
    Look at it this way:

When we were younger, we had all these experiences with XI that endeared it to us for whatever reason. We all have a shared history, a shared understanding of how the game used to be. If I tell a story about goblins at the zone in kazham, everyone of us understands. New players on retaill won't.

As much as I liked how XI used to be, I like it more now and Im still passionate about the game.

People who are playing and falling in love with XI on a private server (and this is happening) are in the stages we were, and the game becoming endearing to them via the private server can and will lead to them wanting to play the version of the game with far more content and more stories.

Effectively the private server can lead to new "veteran players" that love the game being made, because the game is far more simple and easier to setup for ff14 players or whatever.

I think it will end up being a positive, short and long term.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    idk because most of the people who refused to move on from those times are the ones hating on current retail. They have such a jaded mindset, they want retail XI to fail and die. Its incredible the amount of hatred they have for it, sad too.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They want it to die so they can dissect it further and replicate it all on a private server where they don't have to pay a dime to play.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast