Date & Time: 7/13/2022 & 7/14/2022 around 8:00PM PST both times
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Benkyo
    Race: Elvaan Male
    World: Fenrir
    Main Job: SMN, BLU, MNK
    Support Job: RDM, RDM, WAR
    Area and Coordinates: Port Jeuno (E-6)
    Party or Solo: Both Solo and in a Party.
    NPC Name: Oboro
    Steps: Since the update July 10th my Beitetsu count was reset with Oboro. I had turned in 8,792 Beitetsu towards my Mythic weapon (Nirvana) and now I no longer get the prompts and Oboro will no longer accept Beitetsu. Now Oboro is acting like I need to turn in another 10,000 Beitetsu.

I tried to trade Beitetsu with several Mastered jobs on two different nights with out any luck. Something in the July update voided current progress with Oboro on completing the final stage of Mythic.
    (0)
    Last edited by Benkyo; 07-16-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Player
    If I were on your server, I would give you a couple stacks of beitetsu just because you actually filled out the bug report form correctly.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    since you're not able to interact at all I would just not touch anything and file a support ticket alongside this thread, it probably wont help but then you can say you tried.
    (0)

Character
    Benkyo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can interact with Oboro. He lets me check on how many Job Points I have turned in for my Relic augmentation and he lets me turn in Job Points. He also will talk about the weapons he will make. Only my progress with turning in 10,000 Beitetsu was screwed up following the July update. Prior to the update every time I would enter Port Jeuno and click on Oboro I would twice be informed that I still owed 1208 Beitetsu before moving on to the later menu with his weapons and weapon augmentation. Then on the 13th Oboro wasn't informing me about my owed Beitetsu and also stopped accepting Beitetsu from me.

How do I fill out a support ticket? I have seen no mention of that in anything SE has online. Just everything running in circles and sending me back to the forums.

Also how often does it usually take to get a response? Either thanking me for informing them of the problem or telling me I'm completely screwed and have to turn in another 10,000 Beitetsu and hope somehow my Beitetsu count isn't reset again.

I have seen lots of bugs and glitches over the years in FFXI but this is like logging in only to find your job is back to level 1. Because I am wondering how many other people have had this happen but just haven't reported it. The forums are not widely used by a lot of players.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The support site is linked from the official game website.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1&id=20

Because I am wondering how many other people have had this happen but just haven't reported it. The forums are not widely used by a lot of players.
    this is dramatic enough that anyone else would be talking about it. I've never heard of anything like this ever happening before.

What happens if you trade him any beitetsu?
    (0)

Character
    Benkyo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I looked at the site.
    https://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1&id=20

He wouldn't accept Beitetsu when I tried to trade them to him which led me to clicking on him and finding I was not getting the prompt telling me I owed 1208 Beitetsu. I even tried trading my Nirvana to Oboro to see if that might help and if anything I think it made it worse by restarting the process entirely back to 0/10,000 Beitetsu.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Then file a ticket.

Click Contact n ear the top, press "get support'."
    Use "in game/contents" for both category options.
    for description, you can say something like "lost quest progress" or something. It will show a page showing possibly related (but probably not) issue articles. Just click next and choose email support which will be the only option.
    You'll then be taken to a form where you can provide more detail.

As another option, you can also post in the Support section of the forum instead, in some cases an SE rep will see it and create a ticket for you, or offer help if possible.But email support is generally the most useful option

I'm not sure if they will help you though. Generally, you can only get a roll-back if your account was compromised, and item restoration is generally only provided in cases where items were thrown away or sold to a vendor.

You're certain you've never traded another weapon or item which could have started the process over?
    (0)

Character
    Benkyo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Thanks for that information. That was hidden.

Nirvana is my only incomplete RMEA Weapon right now. I have several other completed weapons, some I have augmented.
    (0)