Character
    Ifrita
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 77

The Puppet Master (cannot trade)

Hello! I am hoping this is the right place to submit this issue, but i cannot seem to trade my Earth Pendulum to the Earth Protocrystal.

I am currently working on The Puppet Master for my first SMN AF quest, but I cannot move forward if i cant enter this fight. I tried zoning in and out, logging back in, trading and waiting awhile for a prompt, even just coming back at a later time. Anyone know what might be the solution?
    (0)
    Last edited by Ifrita; 07-15-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Welcome!

For bug reports, we need to use a template (see Welcome to Forum: In-Game Bugs!), but this does seem like better suited for the discussion forums such as Missions, Quests, and Records of Eminence at least until no one has any more ideas what could be going wrong.

As for the issue, my first idea would be to talk to Juroro and Koru-Moru in case you're actually past the battle part of the quest already. Of course if you only recently started the quest, you would most likely remember having done it, and this might not seem too plausible then.

Another thing I wonder is, what exactly does happen when you try the trade? Do you get any message at all, or simply nothing happens?
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You might try tossing the crystal pendulum and going back to the original NPC to get another.

The other possibility is you have another active quest or battle in the area that must be completed first, though admittedly I'm not sure what that would be.

One thing I can promise you is that you've overlooked something or something else is interfering with your ability to proceed, as FFXI oft likes to do.

The best thing for you to do would be to retrace your steps from the very beginning of the quest. But assuming you have the earth pendulum, you are either at or past the battlefield portion of the quest. Try proceeding onward as if you had done the battle.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-16-2022 at 08:45 AM.