Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    Sometimes it's fine to be carried a bit. Especially if the new content will require you to play the job you want to upgrade. . . but that job doesn't really fit in with the effective strategies.
    IMHO if you can't clear the content with that job then the content was badly designed.

I got so much crap playing PUP when it was new, I hadn't finished CoP yet and on multiple fights people were like "you're not going to be able to do this on PUP" and well, I did it anyway. and cleared. On Promathia itself my puppet even finished the job when everyone else was KOd.

People often confuse "not optimal" with "not possible."

Also, not being as good or not being on the optimal job doesn't mean you're being carried. If you're contributing, you're contributing. But in the situation where people minmaxed an 18 man content down to 6 people so they could carry 12 others, those other 12 people aren't doing / don't have to do anything.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-15-2022 at 12:13 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

That Level Difference

What exactly does the "Level adjustments have been adjusted" mean?

I think I remember it being mentioned around the time Adoooulin was introduced, and those areas did not have this from the start, but I'm not too sure now.

Was it perhaps something along the lines of enemies becoming stronger than usual with certain amount(s) of level difference between them and the player characters?

See also thread: "Remove level difference penalty"

As a sidey-note, in recent times this has usually been written "Level adjustments have been abolished in the following areas" (which looks a bit weird without the 'difference' word that was sometimes included by the by), and the current writing could mean that they were not completely removed. There seems to be no such difference to earlier updates on the Japanese side, meaning this looks like a translation mishap of sorts.

Thank you!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Adjusted instead of abolished because they added high level monsters in that area.

But as far as I know, no one really know what these levle adjustments actually mean.
    (0)

Player
    i get especially hungry in the summer, how about some new foods?
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    What exactly does the "Level adjustments have been adjusted" mean?

I think I remember it being mentioned around the time Adoooulin was introduced, and those areas did not have this from the start, but I'm not too sure now.

Was it perhaps something along the lines of enemies becoming stronger than usual with certain amount(s) of level difference between them and the player characters?

See also thread: "Remove level difference penalty"

As a sidey-note, in recent times this has usually been written "Level adjustments have been abolished in the following areas" (which looks a bit weird without the 'difference' word that was sometimes included by the by), and the current writing could mean that they were not completely removed. There seems to be no such difference to earlier updates on the Japanese side, meaning this looks like a translation mishap of sorts.

Thank you!
    The level difference penalty is a long understood and left over effect to the damage calculation that you can pull up on BG.
    (0)

Please add the fantasia option. I want to be a mithra
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    The level difference penalty is a long understood and left over effect to the damage calculation that you can pull up on BG.
    I can find numerous bits of info on how level difference factors into various calculations but it isn't clear which of these, if any, or all of them, that SE is talking about.

Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't think they're talking about how the difference in INT affects magic damage, or other similar stat difference calculations.

I suppose such changes would make leveling up easier by reducing damage dealt and taken by higher level enemies than the player? But this would also nerf how much stronger you are than an opponent if you're higher.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-20-2022 at 04:11 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Adjusted instead of abolished because they added high level monsters in that area.

But as far as I know, no one really know what these levle adjustments actually mean.
    Thing is the Japanese side uses the same wording as before, and they do seem to still use words that could be translated as "abolished".

I'm guessing they might be doing this when adding the new high level critters because the effect is in a way global, and it would make them very much too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Perhaps... but it would still be nice to have an official note about it.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2