Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your monthly FFXI roundup.

Summer in Japan arrived way quicker than any of us anticipated, and as I write this we are currently being pummeled by a massive heat wave. I hope those of you in similarly hot climates are making sure to stay hydrated and take the proper precautions to stay cool.

Let’s dive right into July’s version update.

First off, an update on The Voracious Resurgence.
We’re taking this month off from the story to prepare for the upcoming Chapter 9 content. However, the Peculiar Foes Records of Eminence objectives will be going in this month, so be sure to try your hand at those.

Ambuscade returns a double rerun this month, with Goblins in Volume 1 and antlions in Volume 2. We’re made a couple difficulty adjustments to make the battles more enjoyable than before. For the antlion battle, be especially careful of the ability Corrosive Spray used by the ross and its companions, as the defense reducing buff stacks. Perhaps Erase will be a boon to you this go around!

Another adjustment this month include an issue raised on the forums regarding the difficulty of a certain minigame required to progress in a story mission. We’re looking at performing similar adjustments to other missions in the future.
As a follow up to last month’s Domain Invasion Spike Flaik adjustment, we’ve decreased the area behind the applicable monsters that counts as “behind” for the purposes of triggering the ability. This should help alleviate the issue where players attacking from the side were triggering Spike Flail, but hitboxes can be notoriously difficult to ascertain for monsters with large models, so try to not to straddle too close to the line, lest you find yourself punted into the stratosphere.

Celestial Nights has a new reward this year, the Summer Uchiwa. With a lovely bomb motif, the design may not exactly be one that cools you down, but I think it looks pretty spiffy. You’ll definitely want to snag one before the event concludes.

Personally, I suffer a loss of appetite when it’s too hot outside, but I would encourage everyone to make sure you’re eating and drinking properly, getting enough sleep, and most of all, spending a lot of time doing things you enjoy—and of course, I’ll see you in Vana’diel!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
July Records of Eminence・ Update monthly objectives
・ Add new objectives
-
JulyWings of the Goddess・ Adjustments to retrying the mini-game in “Traitor in the Midst” -

Content and System-related
JulyAmbuscade・ Replace notorious monsters
・ Replace reward items
-

Battle-related
July Areas・ Change monster locations in certain areas
・ Remove level difference penalty in certain areas
-
JulyDomain Invasion・ Re-adjust Spike Flail-

Item-related