Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Emmih
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

FFXI "Fantasia" [Request] Show your support!

Hi everyone!

During the FFXI Dev. Team Reddit "AMA" (Ask me anything) the question was posed for FFXI to see an introduction of similar item found in FFXIV called "Fantasia" that allows you to change your characters apperance/race/gender!

Here is a quote!

Q.) Would it be possible to add an item that allows race/gender change, similar to FFXIV's Fantasia system?
    A: While it is possible, we learned that we’d have to revamp several aspects of the backend. We’d need to see if there’s enough demand to justify the development costs.
    and,

Q.) To the Dev.’s response about adding a Fantasia system like FFXIV, players want to know how the Dev. team plans to look into demands. (Would it be survey, poll, live stream, etc.?)
    A: We primarily monitor the forums and the feedback we receive. Other than that, we also gauge how much attention a certain topic gets by keeping an eye out for places like this thread, where players are sharing their opinions.
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...616.1637607042

So I am compiling some forums discussion regarding this to help them better gauge interest!

Previous forum threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    I know this has probably been brought up a ton in the past but, seeing as how FFXI is 11 years old and for instance ive had my character since 2004 it would be nice if we could receive in the mail a bottle a fantasia like players in FFXIV have.

It could breathe at least a little breath of fresh air into people whom have grown bored with looking at the same toon all of this years....*mainly when they wish they picked the blonde one* and save for swapping the .dat file.

just a thought while I download the 28,368 update files....

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...turning-player

Quote Originally Posted by Shong View Post
    As you know this has come up many times in the past, Why Not allow a race/gender/name change? It will not unbalance the game at all will also make a nice chuck of income for SE. It will make a lot of people very happy as well, Having to remake a toon and level it from 1-99 and redo all the missions fights atmas empy etc is really a pain in the rear. You could easily charge a fee of 5 dollars for name and 10 for gender swap or 20 for a complete redo of your current toon. I am positive a lot of people will wanna do this. As for the few who stick to there idea it will unbalance the game it will not don't try and force you game style on others.
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...-change-choice

Quote Originally Posted by Fohje View Post
    First off, I'm going to apologize, because I'm sure that everyone has seen a post like this numerous times.

That said.. It's seriously a win-win. People who have had the same character for years deserve a chance to change up their appearance. Like in FFXIV, you get an item called Fantasia, and that allows you to completely remake your guy, excluding name, iirc. Just think about it, SE. Think about how much money you could- no, would make by making this a service like FF14. Even WoW lets you change your hairstyle for in game currency, (no real money spent.)

Just something to think about.

I know you read these. I'm just wondering why you're denying customers that have been playing for a decade+ while at the same time denying yourself damn near limitless amount of money.
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...light=Fantasia

Taken from the "quality of life request" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by JKap_Goat View Post
    I want this so bad, I would love to be a tarutaru and not a cat girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiihyran View Post
    I'd love to be able to change my face tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by pangaea View Post
    Phial of Fantasia like in FFXIV. I would gladly pay for the option to do a race change. Bored of Looking at the same character for 12 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I am aware of the devs current stance on race change; however, I'd like to also throw in a request for something like a fantasia from FFXIV!

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Yes, many in the ffxi game have wanted this for years for the same reasons or some of the same reasons you mentioned as for mine would be a gender change on the same old main character from a female character to a male game character and would love it
    Developer responses on the subject on the forums previously:

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings!

We know that there has been quite a few requests from players to be able to change your character's race, gender, and name. While this is something we continue to look into, nothing has been finalized in terms of implementation or release, so we cannot announce any concrete details yet. We appreciate your patience in this matter and we'll be sure to announce updates as soon as we have them to share!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Actually, the dev. team has been discussing internally about a feature such as this. While we can't promise anything right now, and developers are concerned about preventing harassment or misuse by allowing this, we'll continue to carefully look into it.
    Conclusion:

Maybe it would be good to finally add this feature, as many players spanning the years have asked for this many times?! Please? Thank you!
    (24)

Player
    make a post on reddit and link this thread so people can see it and possibly give more likes and comments, very few read here
    (4)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I would not mind to see a service like this implemented, more revenue to justify the game existing and maybe we can deserve an expansion...
    (6)

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I support the Fantasia system to be in FFXI, i want to change to a tarutaru!! Make it happen SE Please!!!
    (8)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    They should cus its more money for them. To be honest this should of been done along time ago. They left alot money on the table by not doing it when they released XI.
    (6)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes, please make it happen SE!
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I support it, but ideally we'd see some new options alongside such a feature. Wish I could say I could see that happening
    (4)

Character
    Emsel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I would pay for this service instantly, please make this happen if it really is possible!
    (6)

Player
    They could even add custom hair colors and stuff, it's a no brainier honestly.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    They could even add custom hair colors and stuff, it's a no brainier honestly.
    That's what would make me more excited about something like this. But given they've never added any in 20 years, I have no expectation that will ever happen.
    (2)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast